Why become a member? ×

Can you run a 8ohm and 4ohm cab together using 2 separate amps

maxmckee

Some way to split your bass signal from one plug to two. Either an AB->Y switch, or a stereo effects pedal, or a preamp or something.

Or a rickenbacker with rickosound :)

Or a chapman stick.

Probably easier to go send->return between the amps, unless you already have effects

1 hour ago, Jack said:

I'm not clear on what you're proposing, but just to be clear: NEVER plug two amplifiers into the same cab at the same time.

he wasn't proposing that I don't think, he is saying one amp with a 4 ohm and one amp with the 8 ohm, and one bass feeding both

Not sure if the fx send of your Trace will do parallel out but the tuner out will.

If you get a dropout of your low end it is usually caused by preamps outputting on opposite phase.

Or one of the cabs wired in reverse. Before you get too far along you should probably battery test them for polarity. + on the tip of jack lead makes speaker cone jump outwards.

Other possibility with Trace is the fx loop on some can be set to run without any lows in it ''high pass'', don't want that.

Get a dedicated signal splitter. You will want one output to be isolated to avoid an earth loop. I have a Mike Hill one but other, less expensive versions are available.

https://mikehillservices.com/earth-loop---ground-hum-eliminator--mini-376-p.asp

Edited by Steve Browning