36 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

I figured £9.99 was worth a punt.  Arriving tomorrow.

That's what we want to see - the willingness to take one for the team! :D

Y'know what though - I genuinely hope it turns out to be a good, well-written read.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I hope its not just chapters from various other books that have been haphazardly arranged into a book-shaped object.

I'm just hoping it doesn't get too mucky.

Perhaps once I've tried reading it, we could get some reviews up on Amazon.

Gotta love the seller notes.... 

“A new neck and almost new body, but my tools slipped a couple of times so there are some scratches.

A full pro set up my me in progress but I broke the new high G string so that one looks different. New musicman bridge and a musicman humbucker... plus Marshall Amp knobs.”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NancyJohnson said:

Well, the book arrived.

Read five pages and there's no way I can do any more.  It reads like the descriptions of his guitars.  

20210918_204612.jpg

Wel. Thats a thing isnt it. I do hope the pages are absorbent and the ink waterproof.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Well, the book arrived.

Read five pages and there's no way I can do any more.  It reads like the descriptions of his guitars.  

20210918_204612.jpg

I was expecting the text to be all laid out at weird angles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

Well, the book arrived.

20210918_204612.jpg

I've read a couple of Amazon self published books and they are all like this. Overly verbose and convoluted with poorly constructed sentences, almost like the publishing (if you can call it that) part is entirely automated and exists so Amazon can make a few quid from people getting their friends to buy their vanity novellas.

There's a reason publishers (proper ones) exist - they can transform utter tripe into a readable book.

• Like 2

On 18/09/2021 at 20:48, NancyJohnson said:

Well, the book arrived.

20210918_204612.jpg

I felt out of breath after reading that! I think the stream of words tricked my brain into thinking it was low on oxygen.

• Haha 1

On 09/09/2021 at 14:07, tegs07 said:

Don’t know why you guys give this bloke such a hard time. He’s not hurting anyone.
If people browsing eBay wish to purchase his “unique” take on bass building then the pictures are there so no misrepresentation going on from what I can see.
You get what’s advertised, in all it’s glory.

I’d rather stick with standard intonation and standard string spacing with a neck and headstock that haven’t been “perfectly balanced” but it takes all sorts. As for his music well people pay to listen to Coldplay so there’s an audience for anything.

His feedback is still 100% with some nice comments, I wouldn't buy one but his customers seem happy, must be doing something right I guess

On 21/09/2021 at 12:08, PaulWarning said:

His feedback is still 100% with some nice comments, I wouldn't buy one but his customers seem happy, must be doing something right I guess

Like I eluded too in an earlier post.... I wonder how many ebay accounts he has!

On 21/09/2021 at 12:08, PaulWarning said:

I suspect that anybody who would buy one of his creations doesn't know enough about basses to know a good bass from his rubbish. I bet most of them are sitting in the corner of a room, unused, somewhere.

• Like 1