To be fair his now "classic" (for all the wrong reasons)  song has been a great inspiration for me in as much as I now never, ever, EVER want the misfortune of having to spend a night in Langney.

Edited by Bleat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t know why you guys give this bloke such a hard time. He’s not hurting anyone.
If people browsing eBay wish to purchase his “unique” take on bass building then the pictures are there so no misrepresentation going on from what I can see.
You get what’s advertised, in all it’s glory.

I’d rather stick with standard intonation and standard string spacing with a neck and headstock that haven’t been “perfectly balanced” but it takes all sorts. As for his music well people pay to listen to Coldplay so there’s an audience for anything.

Edited by tegs07
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

What the hell did he use on those nut slots – an angle grinder?

Possibly a JCB.

I have to say, Ive always hated clickbait, but this latest bass listing literally had my jaw hanging open

Edited by sprocketflup

2 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

He's nothing if not industrious - he's written a book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Virginia-Greece-possibility-Mark-Phillips/dp/B09F1CV93W

And I very strongly suspect he did his own cover 'art'...

B09F1CV93W.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg

Yes, but the end is at the beginning. The beginning is in the middle, the middle has pages carved out, and a lot of the words are upside down

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Yes, but the end is at the beginning. The beginning is in the middle, the middle has pages carved out, and a lot of the words are upside down

And that just the illustration!

• Haha 1