Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender American Professional II Jazz bass - Dark Night / maple
£1250
Birmingham

GrammeFriday

Fender American Professional II Jazz - Dark Night/maple

Up for sale is this gorgeous Fender Am Pro II Jazz in the sumptuous 'Dark Night' finish.

Bought new in late 2020 and home use only since then, so barring a few marks on the pickguard this is in pretty much mint condition - not even the traditional ding at the end of the headstock yet!

This is the joint best Jazz I've ever owned or played (it's a tie with the legendary Sonic the Wonderjazz, now owned by my excellent friend Mickeyboro of this parish). It looks, feels, sounds and plays beautifully. Fit and finish are top class (Fender really giving the boutique builders a run for their money here, I think), and it has perfect balance with zero neck dive despite weighing in at less than 4kg. I really cannot fault it.

So if it's that great, then why on earth am I selling it? The somewhat counter-intuitive answer is that I am selling it precisely because I like it so much. It sounds and feels so lush that I really want to gig it, but for me gigging is a strictly 5 strings business, so sadly I need to sell this lovely 4-stringer in order to recoup some of the cost of the 5-string version (which I've already gone ahead and bought, so no trade offers please!). 

£1250 collected from Birmingham B30, or happy to courier to you for an extra £25.

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992 2.jpg

Edited by GrammeFriday
picture links didn't work
  • Like 9

Just now, GrammeFriday said:

Yeah, just noticed that too. This type of link always worked for me in the past, so scratching my head here! Can anyone advise please? Thanks!

The update might have changed that, I upload images from my photos, using the add files  🙂

• Thanks 1

That’s a crazy (in a good way) finish. Nick is a great seller and I’m sure this bass will be every bit as lovely as he says it is. The P I bought from him was everything he said it was. Had this been the Miami blue version, I’d have probably bitten. Good luck with the sale. 

• Like 1

• GrammeFriday changed the title to SOLD - Fender American Professional II Jazz bass - Dark Night / maple