Why become a member? ×

Zoom MS-60B users... your favourite settings?

Rich

I'm starting to get to grips with mine, and have set up a few patches which I'm mostly happy with. I've got a plain chorus one and a plain octaver, both of which are FX only with no amp models. I've also set up two amp-based patches, one is an Ampeg fliptop for woolly old-skool reggae and Motown sounds, the other is SVT-based for more raucous stuff (e.g. I use it on Rancid's 'Time Bomb' and a couple of the shoutier Specials tunes). The SVT one is oookay, sounds especially good with a pick, but I think it's missing a wee something. Would a compressor work well with it? If so, which one? Or would any of the other amp models work better?

Not into effects really since mid 2000s. I own a B3, an MS-60B and a G1Xon (with custom firmware with all bass relevant stuff from the B1Xon). All three sound identical to me. I mostly go BassDrive (SansAmp emulation) -> 160comp (dbx160 emulation) in a variety of gains...

... and occasionally add a BaSqueak (blendable RAT emulation) plus some BassPEQ to get a more DarkGlass tone...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andruca said:

Not into effects really since mid 2000s. I own a B3, an MS-60B and a G1Xon (with custom firmware with all bass relevant stuff from the B1Xon). All three sound identical to me. I mostly go BassDrive (SansAmp emulation) -> 160comp (dbx160 emulation) in a variety of gains...

... and occasionally add a BaSqueak (blendable RAT emulation) plus some BassPEQ to get a more DarkGlass tone...

Wow! Some fabulous tones going on there. That BaSqueak is mahoosive. 😎

• Like 1

Does anyone else get an annoying power hum from their ms-60B?

I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get rid of it, it's even there running on batteries, so it can't be mains related, and it disappears if I take the pedal out of the equation, so can't be bass or amp related either. 

• Like 1

Mine is dead quiet too. In fact, I went back to my MS-60B after ditching a B1XFour last year. The MS-60B was noticeably less noisy (also sounded fuller, B3n/B1Four/XFour sound BOXY in comparison). I only use ZNR past a certain amount of drive (the nature of the beast, I guess, even my SansAmp RBI gets noisy as I push the drive knob). Not necessary for my "clean" tone (which is not as clean really). Don't fear the ZNR if you're going high gain, it's a great noise gate indeed. I use it at the end of the chain and set detection to GTRIN. Again, my sound is sort of "binary", either I sound full blast or am not playing, so my threshold can be set pretty high.

Edited by andruca