Why become a member? ×

NCD - GR AeroTech Carbon 410+ 1200w. A Mere 15kg!

binky_bass

Picked this up from Bass Direct yesterday... Well, more accurately @Bunion picked it up for me as the M25 was shut due to am accident.

Anywho, here it is! The world's lightest 4x10 cab. 1200w with a tweeter and only 15kg. 

Will be giving it a test run later today, but it looks great and is an absolute pleasure to move around at a mere 15kg! Incredible.

20210827_160611.thumb.jpg.9b84307654671088e0fa73d91f4f5284.jpg

20210827_160616.thumb.jpg.053f8404389deb1d202e551867b6ebe5.jpg

• Like 6

I'm now running this with a newly acquired Kemper Power Rack and Controller obtained from @thommydonuts earlier today. 

Only ran it at 'house' volume but it sounds fairly epic. The Darkglass 900 and Aguilar DB751 profiles are great, and the on board effects are, well, comprehensive to say the least!

@la bam - It's an odd one, the weight makes you feel like it's fragile, but it really isn't! 

My prior Mesa rig weighed near 140kg with the covers and my Helix, this rig is 25kg with rack case, cab cover and pedal while being just as (if not much more!) versatile.

20210828_164113.thumb.jpg.a2665911a8d00ef4a14b3b67bad3ddf5.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, binky_bass said:

I'm now running this with a newly acquired Kemper Power Rack and Controller obtained from @thommydonuts earlier today. 

Only ran it at 'house' volume but it sounds fairly epic. The Darkglass 900 and Aguilar DB751 profiles are great, and the on board effects are, well, comprehensive to say the least!

@la bam - It's an odd one, the weight makes you feel like it's fragile, but it really isn't! 

My prior Mesa rig weighed near 140kg with the covers and my Helix, this rig is 25kg with rack case, cab cover and pedal while being just as (if not much more!) versatile.

20210828_164113.thumb.jpg.a2665911a8d00ef4a14b3b67bad3ddf5.jpg

I have no idea what a Kemper power rack is.

I have no idea how to use one.

But I now want one! 

9 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I have no idea what a Kemper power rack is.

I have no idea how to use one.

But I now want one! 

They also make the Metropolis edition :

products_profiler-head-black_cropped_wh.

And the Star Wars one :

products_profiler-head-white_cropped_wh.

That's a serial tone killer thing :

https://www.kemper-amps.com/profiler/overview

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnR said:

Did you go for the 4 or 8 ohm version?

The 4 ohm version as it's what Bass Direct had in stock. The Kemper will handle a 4 ohm load at 1000w as well as an 8 ohm load at 600w and a 16 ohm load at 300w. It has a built is wattage limiter so it automatically shuts off if the load becomes too much. The power amp section they use is an ICE 1000A, so it's plenty powerful safely at 4 ohm for pretty much most situations! 

• Like 1

I would like a kemper. I know the initial price is a lot but considering you can have every amp sound ever! It's a steal. I just don't think I have time to learn how to use it and fiddle with the settings. 

The cab looks amazing and I may up for 2x12 or 2x10 once funds are available, as they're not cheap! 

• Like 1

Honestly, the kemper is a bit of a faff, but... it's only really taken me 2 hours to get to grips with the functionality and I didn't read the manual (which I could have done!) Once you understand the basics, it's pretty freaking cool. The one tip I'd say, which I found out just because 'that's the way I'd have designed it' is that you need to hold your foot on a stomp button, keep your foot on the stomp button, then hold an effect button on the amp to assign that effect to that stomp, you can assign up to 4 effects to each stomp so by pressing your chosen stomp you can simultaneously activate 4 stomps. It's truly a remarkably piece of kit!!

Very interested to hear views once you've had it a while and worked it good n proper.
Seems to me that Barefaced have dominated the loud and light corner (esp. here on BC!) - I've avoided BF so far as I haven't liked the sound (personal I know) so it would be good to have a serious alternative out there. Could quite fancy a 208 or 210.

1 hour ago, Soledad said:

Very interested to hear views once you've had it a while and worked it good n proper.
Seems to me that Barefaced have dominated the loud and light corner (esp. here on BC!) - I've avoided BF so far as I haven't liked the sound (personal I know) so it would be good to have a serious alternative out there. Could quite fancy a 208 or 210.

I am shouting how good my AT212 is from the rooftops. Should be able to bring it to a couple of bass bashes.

• Like 1