Why become a member? ×

Left-handed Warmoth Roasted Maple Precision neck - No longer for sale.
£250
East Sussex

Leftfret

Left-handed Warmoth Roasted Maple Precision bass neck.

Previously fitted to my MIM Fender body .

This neck was custom made by Warmoth in Washington State USA. I chose the 'slim taper' option as this has more of the feel of a USA Fender. Frets are 6150 medium jumbo. Nut is a genuine Fender Micarta Precision one. Neck has been finished/sealed with Beeswax polish.

It was fitted with Schaller BML tuners - holes will match up with these - other tuners will require new holes.

I was not 100% happy with the finish from Warmoth so John at the Bass Gallery in Camden rounded the edges, then leveled and crowned, the frets making the neck smoother and more comfortable to play.

To order this neck from Warmoth - including the 3-4 months wait, shipping and UK taxes would be around £350 (not including what I paid the Bass Gallery to tidy it up).

Only 'downside' is a small chip - see photo - by the E string tuner hole - covered by the tuner bush when fitted.

This neck is as smooth as silk to play, has amazing - Nigel Tuffnell - levels of sustain and a bright tone - well-suited to pic playing but still warm under fingers.

I am only selling because its a bit too 'bright' for me - prefer and 'old-skool' rosewood tone with flatties - so I would rather it went to a new home!

Postage should be around £15 - I normally use ParcelForce - and local collection should be possible.

1577122257_frontDSCF7273.thumb.jpg.89cd04b33b79bfbaedc8a95b1cf746c8.jpg

back DSCF7275.jpg

head DSCF7276.jpg

head DSCF7277.jpg

heel DSCF7278.jpg

neck side DSCF7280.jpg

neck side.jpg

Edited by Leftfret

• Leftfret changed the title to Left-handed Warmoth Roasted Maple Precision neck - No longer for sale.
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic