Why become a member? ×

Lightweight cabs - the definitive list (updated)

Friskydingo

Every couple of days someone post a topic about 'what lightweight cabs should I get'. So I decided to help people and put up a (almost) complete list of what's about. 

The link below covers the brand, the most popular cab sizes (1x10, 2x10, 1x12, 2x12, 1x15 and 4x10) and NOW EVERY RANGE! 

I've also put Watts and ohm rating in there, as well as tweeter/horn inclusion, just to be extra nice. 

If there's anything missing or incorrect let me know and I'll update it. 

Enjoy! 

*Every current range has been added. Please let me know of any mistakes

**info needed on tweeters functionality, fixed, on/off, multilevel 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GFuEsRKhs0CZcp3GrN_lzr8Ey1uB1YOi32_lS7RoHEQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Friskydingo
Extra info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, Friskydingo said:

I knew I would miss a couple. They're a very niche brand who don't have cabs readily available to try, unlike the other manufacturers. 

But their stuff is light

Yes, your absolutely right re. TKS added to which I don't know if they are even trading.

Looking at the heavier end of the range on your (excellent) spreadsheet I've noted that the TC RS cabs would be under the heaviest weight on the list, so possible inclusion of them?

Maybe adding the sensitivity and the frequency response could be great too. I know it's not always mentioned and it's only indicative, but it can help when comparing two identical models.

Looks like GR Bass wins it in all categories...

Great work. 👌

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Maybe adding the sensitivity and the frequency response could be great too. I know it's not always mentioned and it's only indicative, but it can help when comparing two identical models.

Great work. 👌

GR is ridiculously light. Hartke sl will be very light when that comes out. 

Orange is a funny one, as the 1x12 is light then gets heavier and the 4x10 is a monster! 

12 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Yes, your absolutely right re. TKS added to which I don't know if they are even trading.

Looking at the heavier end of the range on your (excellent) spreadsheet I've noted that the TC RS cabs would be under the heaviest weight on the list, so possible inclusion of them?

I couldn't find the tc data on their site. They only do 2x8, 2x10 and 4x10 I believe? But I read they're massive. 

If you find a link I'll add them

Just now, Friskydingo said:

Not a chance! Seriously the only reason I left out price was because there's so much variation. 

If you REALLY cared about our needs you'd construct a bespoke algorithm to scrape data from all UK based sales sites and then create a mean, median and mode column of those prices. But clearly sir you are a slacker and are content with the bare minimum of effort! 😜

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Great work. 👌

Jesus! You want me to do your gardening as well? 

I think you're right, I'll add more specs later on. This will be a living list and maybe the Mods can use it

2 minutes ago, Friskydingo said:

Jesus! You want me to do your gardening as well? 

I think you're right, I'll add more specs later on. This will be a living list and maybe the Mods can use it

We are looking after a gardener right now. Come whenever you want. 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jrixn1 said:

Good list.  You have put Barefaced Super Midget under 1x10, but it's a 1x12.  Their 1x10 model is the One10.  Super Midget should replace Super Compact on your list, as the former is the lighter.

I'm an idiot! Thanks for pointing that out. Spreadsheet has been updated

• Friskydingo changed the title to Lightweight cabs - the definitive list (updated)