Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Ampeg PF-50T Portaflex tube head - price drop £425 and trades added!
£650
Surrey, UK

Up for sale is my Ampeg PF-50T tube head.

Immaculate condition, very light home use only. Am letting this go as I predominantly practice using headphones these days and I cannot justify such a cracking amp going unused. Given that it hasn’t been played much the tubes should last a good while yet before they need replacing.

This is a particularly versatile amp, with five mid frequencies to choose from. There are also ‘ultra hi’ and ‘ultra lo’ buttons that can boost the high end and/or low end even further. A great option for getting that classic old-school tube vibe when practicing or for small gigs. 

Further description from the good people at Ampeg below:

The legendary tone and portability of the all-tube Ampeg Portaflex amplifiers is faithfully reproduced in the PF-50T. This all-tube Portaflex head provides a harmonically rich and studio-worthy 50 watts of pure Ampeg tone to satisfy the most discerning bass player. Featuring simple user-adjustable bias adjustment for easy tube replacement and pre-amp and transformer balanced direct outs for maximum versatility. Plus, no speaker load is required for silent recording or even use as a dedicated tube DI. Pair it with the PF-112HLF for the ultimate compact all-tube bass rig.

I don’t have the original box but do have the owner’s manual. Given this and its rather hefty weight (8.8kg), this is collection only from Surrey please. 

Now £425! These are a bit tricky to come by at the moment and brand new would cost a big chunk more. No offers, many thanks. 

I would potentially be interested in a trade for a nice 4 string P-bass of equivalent value and a bit of cash either direction if needs be. Or a lightweight GR Neo cab/GR mini amp, again with a bit of cash either way. 

Any questions, please let me know!

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7325.jpg

IMG_7326.jpg

IMG_7328.jpg

Edited by CookPassBabtridge
  • Like 4

• CookPassBabtridge changed the title to Ampeg PF-50T Portaflex tube head - price drop £425 and trades added!
  • CookPassBabtridge changed the title to SOLD - Ampeg PF-50T Portaflex tube head - price drop £425 and trades added!