Why become a member? ×

New Sequential Take 5 portable polyphonic synth

Quatschmacher

they obviously realised they had misspriced it and put the price up. 

maybe it will come down again soon. 

it does errk me a bit tho as i would have probably gone for one had it been 999 and i thaught i was getting a bargain

17 minutes ago, GisserD said:

they obviously realised they had misspriced it and put the price up. 

maybe it will come down again soon. 

it does errk me a bit tho as i would have probably gone for one had it been 999 and i thaught i was getting a bargain

Or they sold a set number at £999, then upped the price.

It seems a lot of money and it's not even available to own yet.

I'm not a fan of this pre-release hype. If I see something I like and I can afford it I would want to buy it now for delivery before the end of the week. Pre-release stuff gets me all excited but if I wanted a synth with that spec RIGHT NOW, I'd have to buy something else, and if I was just vaguely interested, I'm sure that by the time it's available to buy in the shops with immediate shipping there will be something even better and cheaper available on pre-order!

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

It seems a lot of money and it's not even available to own yet.

I'm not a fan of this pre-release hype. If I see something I like and I can afford it I would want to buy it now for delivery before the end of the week. Pre-release stuff gets me all excited but if I wanted a synth with that spec RIGHT NOW, I'd have to buy something else, and if I was just vaguely interested, I'm sure that by the time it's available to buy in the shops with immediate shipping there will be something even better and cheaper available on pre-order!

It is available already. Some dealers already have stock. Sequential only ever makes announcements when the stock is ready to go out of the door. 

15 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

It is available already. Some dealers already have stock. Sequential only ever makes announcements when the stock is ready to go out of the door. 

Do you have some links for a store where I could either buy one and take it home with me or have them ship it to me before the end of the week? 

All the ones I found that were listing this synth were still "pre-order"

51 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Do you have some links for a store where I could either buy one and take it home with me or have them ship it to me before the end of the week? 

All the ones I found that were listing this synth were still "pre-order"

yes, but most likely US only for now.
Obviously distribution to our island takes a little while, especially during a pandemic.

E861740B-E5D4-4B7F-9B26-A1B8B1DFE304.png

I'm going to take the plunge on this. It seems like the synth 8ve been waiting for.

FYI my previous have been the novation BS2 and morpho x4.

I've been considering the peak for weeks now. But for similar money I feel the additional keyboard, analogue oscillators and simplicity of design will be more to my taste. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, GisserD said:

I'm going to take the plunge on this. It seems like the synth 8ve been waiting for.

FYI my previous have been the novation BS2 and morpho x4.

I've been considering the peak for weeks now. But for similar money I feel the additional keyboard, analogue oscillators and simplicity of design will be more to my taste. 

Excellent!

I totally need to visit when you get it!

Edited by Quatschmacher

2 minutes ago, GisserD said:

@Sibob have you had a chance to try one? i understand sequential are now owned by focusrite?

Correct, Sequential are now part of the Focusrite Group, which is nice haha.
Unfortunately I've not tried one yet, Sequential are of course still based in the US and so I haven't seen one in the UK office yet, REALLY want to try one though.

Si

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Correct, Sequential are now part of the Focusrite Group, which is nice haha.
Unfortunately I've not tried one yet, Sequential are of course still based in the US and so I haven't seen one in the UK office yet, REALLY want to try one though.

Si

Si, will Sequential stuff be made available through the Focusrite store? Will any UK-based warranty work be carried out here or will fills still have to ship back to the US?

21 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Si, will Sequential stuff be made available through the Focusrite store? Will any UK-based warranty work be carried out here or will fills still have to ship back to the US?

Still early doors on a lot of that stuff as far as I know. Business as usual/before for now, but that may change in the future.

Cheers
Si

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that synth is sooooo 80’s, and sooooo me 😁.

Top of the list for my next keyboard. Ive been using Prophet sounds quite a lot recently, but only samples of them in my MODX. I also use iProphet on my ipad, triggered from the MODX, but its a work around to not having the real thing. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1