Why become a member? ×

NBD - G&L L2000E 1982

ped

hope you guys dont mind me doing this but it seems the best place to mention it as its L2000 related.  ive just had to drop the price on my 2019 CLF L2000 to get it out the door as ive just bought a new house and i need the funds. Details are on my ad in the for sale section. Gutted to be shifting it as its stunning and I want to keep it. 

Hope thats ok to mention. :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having listened to far too many L2000 demos, I've decided that on my nonexistent L2000 I only want each pickup available either in series or inner single coil. Just 4 sounds. But I bet the two inners in series would be worthwhile. So 5 sounds. Since I like my daydreams to be realistic, I've just worked out how to wire a 5-way selector to give Bridge in series / Bridge inner / inners in series / Neck inner / Neck in series. Which was very satisfying. Wouldn't know what to do with the other two switches though....

18 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

just worked out how to wire a 5-way selector to give Bridge in series / Bridge inner / inners in series / Neck inner / Neck in series. Which was very satisfying

Working out how you wire a three pickup selector and a series/parallel switch, on the other hand, took me so 🤐 long, that by the end I wasn't satisfied, just relieved that the mortification at not being able to fathom it out was finally over 🥵

Edited by Ricky Rioli
  • Confused 1

Just now, Ricky Rioli said:

I was just so embarrassed with myself for not knowing how a pickup selector switch actually works, I had to work it out 😳

I sometimes feel like that as well.

Not often though.

Actually, not ever.

5 minutes ago, ped said:

Here's where I got to, it's a 6 position switch offering Roland GK mode blended or in isolation on any/all strings individually, as well as a built in wireless

istockphoto-111930222-612x612.jpg

you're missing an owl after the second pickup - easy mistake to make. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

I've been using that exact thing to calculate whether or not to mark the first anniversary of my joining BC by purchasing a superfluous Supporting Membership.

All the cool people have them :)

16 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

I've been using that exact thing to calculate whether or not to mark the first anniversary of my joining BC by purchasing a superfluous Supporting Membership.

if you do you can mark the second anniversary by posting one of those really long "all the basses I've had" posts and look back at the 30-40 instruments you bought and sold in the year 

• Like 1