Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Roscoe LG3005
£1850
Derby, UK

pantherairsoft

Hi folks,

Up for grabs is my stunning Roscoe LG3005. I've owned a number of Roscoe basses over the years and this one is pretty special.

Update: No longer open to trades - sale only. I have something new in the works.I've set the price under what I think the bass is actually worth (I paid far more for it, less than a year ago).

Price drop: I am now asking £1750. NOW SOLD

The spec:

Roscoe LG3005

5-string, 35" scale

Mahogany body

5A Exhibition-grade quilted maple top

Trans-red finish (with matching headstock)

Spalted purple-heart fretboard (which is stunning!)

3-piece maple/purple-heart/maple neck

Roscoe Bartolini pickups

Glockenklang 3-band preamp

Black hardware
Strung with DR Black Beauties

Fitted Roscoe-branded semi-hardcase
Weight is 3.9kg

Sounds stunning. Meaty, yet neutral (thanks to the Glock preamp). I've done everything from metal to funk and electronica with this and it's always sat right in the mix. The bass is in overall excellent condition - there are a few light marks where you might rest your arm in the edge of the upper body and some tiny cosmetic nicks, but as the photos show, you have to go hunting for them!

I'm located in Derby and really do not want to ship this bass (I've had so much awful luck shipping basses and I no longer have a box suitable for putting it on), but I will drive for an hour, which is enough to cover a huge chunk the UK - especially if you're prepared to make a drive to meet half way. Collection in Derby is, of course, welcomed.

If you need more pics of anything specific, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

Shep

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

Edited by pantherairsoft
SOLD!
  • Like 11

Just now, Acebassmusic said:

Want it....but too far to come on my bicycle to pick it up 😞 🤣 When I first saw this a while ago it said it had an OBP3 pre fitted, any reason for the change and how is the Glockenklang as I've not used one before? GLWTS

When I purchased the bass, the OBP3 preamp had been badly fitted and was not working correctly - the blend pot was wired backwards and the treble control was not working. After investigation, whomever had installed the Aggie had done some major damage to a few components with the soldering iron and the whole thing needing removal. I've used the Glock pre in a few basses now (I've had this combo in two Roscoe's previously and think is works amazingly with the Roscoe Barts) and IMO, it is the most musical preamp around, so I opted to have that installed in place of the Aggie. Personally, I really dislike the OBP3 anyway, even when it works correctly, so the preamp swap was a given for me either way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

I've used the Glock pre in a few basses now (I've had this combo in two Roscoe's previously and think is works amazingly with the Roscoe Barts) and IMO, it is the most musical preamp around, so I opted to have that installed in place of the Aggie. Personally, I really dislike the OBP3 anyway, even when it works correctly, so the preamp swap was a given for me either way.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the previous pre and its installation by sledgehammer! I've had OBP3 in several basses before and always found them to be a little dull / pillow over the strings sounding to me (even in the Roscoe I had :shok:). It always felt like I had to push the treble a bit too much to get the sound for me. Glad the Glock works and thanks.....I now have GAS to try one 🙂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Acebassmusic said:

Sorry to hear about the problems with the previous pre and its installation by sledgehammer! I've had OBP3 in several basses before and always found them to be a little dull / pillow over the strings sounding to me (even in the Roscoe I had :shok:). It always felt like I had to push the treble a bit too much to get the sound for me. Glad the Glock works and thanks.....I now have GAS to try one 🙂

They sound great. Very 'hi-fi' and clean, which makes a nice balance with those meaty sounding Roscoe Bart pups. The range of control in the Glock is what I call very 'musical', especially in a recording environment. It's one of those preamps where you just can't find a bad sound with. It's pretty much a go to for every bass for me. You should absolutely try to give one a whirl at some point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NancyJohnson said:

Just going on looks alone, I've always been fascinated with the body-carving on these, it's almost fluid and with that cap it's a splendid looking thing.

Yeah, the flow of the line on the LG shape is pretty much unrivalled. if this sells, rather than trades, the funds will likely fund another LG in 32" scale (like 'the one that got away'). I've never played a bass shape that feels as comfortable on both the strap and the knee.