Why become a member? ×

Have you been out yet?

TimR

Done 3 weddings and a week long run for a theatre gig. 3 more weddings and a theatre showcase in the next month. The show was a risk but the audience reception on the final night was ecstatic, a culmination of a good show as per normal plus the tension breaking of no pingdemic, no more rescheduling and a full house. Not sure if it’s 100% safe or ethical but it felt very, very good. 

• Like 1

We've only opened up in Scotland recently. You need to wear a mask at a pub or club, unless you are drinking or dancing. Not sure why you'd be there otherwise, but that's another conversation!

We had one gig just before the week before the relaxation of restrictions. We played to an all-seated crowd in an normally rowdy pub, so quite surreal. Especially when folk repeatedly got up to dance and were asked to sit down.

I've had two since then - a pub gig on Saturday, and a wedding the Saturday before.

The wedding was mostly uneventful, although we did apparently cause some guests to complain about the noise.( We're not especially loud. Guitar, bass and keys all DI'd (no amps), and only the kick mic'd on the drums. A bus load of pensioners had arrived from Devon or somewhere, and couldn't get to sleep. At 9pm. On a Saturday. In a city centre hotel with two function suites. The staff didn't seem particularly used to having a band play, seemed slightly clueless with organisation... a sign of the times I suspect. Anyway, their response was to assure the compaining guests we'd turn down, then repeatedly complain to me when I literally couldn't get it any quieter. Kick mic off, master fader waaay down.

The pub gig - in Stirling of all places - was crazy mental. People seemed much merrier and up for a good time than they have before in this venue. Which was slightly problematic, because it's small and they end up dancing inches away from the frontman. Lost power to both monitors at one point! A drunk lady's backside had landed on one, and knocked the kettle lead out in the process. Not sure about the other, but the kettle lead was out of that too. It took a moaning singer for me to realise! However, despite this - the gig was a lot of fun and it's great to be back!

George

• Like 1

29 gigs and counting since mid june.  All weddings with the exception of one charity fundraiser. 

Never felt like I wanted to give up gigging more than I do right now. All distancing and boundaries go out the window as soon as people start drinking. We're being really strict with our clients but their guests just don't give a crap. 

I've done two gigs and been 'out out' once, to a gig by a band full of old friends last Saturday. 

The gig on Saturday was pretty full and it was great to see old friends again. I was talking to the bass player (who I've known since I was 18) and he is slightly nervous about everything opening up again. He has been double jabbed, but has a few medical issues that wouldn't be good if he got a bad case of Covid. He did the gig (with a couple more to come next weekend) and has done a few rehearsals, but is still being very careful. 

I’ve done three gigs so far and been very careful however despite being double jabbed since March I got tested positive and have been ill with Covid for the last couple of weeks. I’ve not had flu before but guess it’s akin to that. I am no longer officially isolating but continue to experience fatigue and some congestion I also have no sense of smell or taste so I am still being very careful. As others have said it was great playing but as soon as people started drinking the rule book was torn up. I dread to know how I would have felt if I hadn’t been vaccinated so I’d encourage those who haven’t to go and get yourselves jabbed! 

• Like 4