Why become a member? ×

Westone Thunder 1A SOLD
£200
St Helens

bigthumb

Weighing in at just over 9lbs this lovely old 1984 MiJ Thunder is a bit too heavy for me to use, so a new loving home is needed. Its in excellent condition and all electrics work fine. It dose come with a hard case (not the one in pictures) so postage is possible but I'll need to get some packaging first. If so it'll be shipped with UPS at around £30. I will NOT use the cheaper ParcelFarce. I'd be happy to meet/deliver depending on distance. 

So a fully functioning 1984 Westone Thunder A1 in great condition with a lovely new set of GHS Pressure wound 45-105's fitted! 

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

Edited by bigthumb
  • Like 17

I have the same model, bought it off a guy who played it a few times and stuck it in his wardrobe for over 30 years, it has one tiny dent about the size of a match head. The brass though suffered a bit with darkening but for its age still decent and one of the unsung heroes and amazing sounds GLWTS I paid that much for it 10 years ago so a bargain price. Someone will be very happy. 

• Thanks 1

• bigthumb changed the title to Westone Thunder 1A £200
  • 2 weeks later...

My first bass...people later told me it was heavy - I didn't know that.

Priced to sell for sure - there are examples on eBay/ Gumtree for at least another hundred quid. 

I've always said I'd like to find a neck thru 111A with a broken headstock to convert to headless - still waiting to find one.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

My first bass...people later told me it was heavy - I didn't know that.

Priced to sell for sure - there are examples on eBay/ Gumtree for at least another hundred quid. 

I've always said I'd like to find a neck thru 111A with a broken headstock to convert to headless - still waiting to find one.

Thanks Mick and hope you're doing ok 🙂