Why become a member? ×

Yamaha JB600R 1984 Jazz Bass ****SOLD****
£400
St Helens

bigthumb

After a long hard think about my gear and my ongoing physical demise* I've decided to move on the basses I wouldn't be able to use live without causing back and shoulder pain.

My Rickenbacker has already gone to pay for my incoming lightweight Roscoe and this lovely old Yamaha needs a good home where it'll get some use.

Bought her on this very forum earlier this year for more than my asking price and worth every penny.  Made in Japan 1984 with typical Japanese build quality matching the MIJ Fenders of the time. 

The overall condition is very good for a bass of its age. Off white/cream and a lovely dark rosewood board. The vintage reverse gear tuners are the icing on the cake in my opinion. The only change I made was fitting a KiOgon loom and the strings to flatwounds. My kitchen scales says the bass weighs in at 8lbs 12oz.

I don't have a case for it so shipping is a no go. I'd be happy to drive up to 60 miles from here to meet up or deliver at fuel cost.  

No trades thanks and the price is firm. 

*Well its not that bad but getting no better! 

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Edited by bigthumb
  • Like 16

• bigthumb changed the title to Yamaha JB600R 1984 Jazz Bass *****ON HOLD*****
  • bigthumb changed the title to Yamaha JB600R 1984 Jazz Bass ****SOLD****
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic