Why become a member? ×

Shingai Playing Bass on 'don't upset the rhythm'

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='450337' date='Mar 31 2009, 11:42 AM']Just found this clip of the Noisettes with Shingai playing bass on their current single.
[url="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/article2334489.ece"]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle2334489.ece[/url]
Great to see a proper band doing well in the charts for a change.[/quote]

Sorry, but that song does nothing for me at all. Have only listened once but honestly can't remember if there were any other lyrics than "Go baby go" and "Don't upset the rythm" Did it even have a verse-chorus structure or was it just 3 mins of I-III-IV-I-III-IV... If this is an example of what the "proper bands" in the UK charts are doing then the industry is in worse dire straits than I had thought.

Anyway, the real reason for my post was can someone explain to my why they feel the need to point out that they think that the drummer has an afro? (And it's not even an afro.) Sometimes I think that the tabloid editorial staff are the same guys that brought us the league of gentlemen.

Edit:
OK, re-listened. apologies, there are other lyrics, maybe even a hint of a verse at the beginning.
Also I think that the start has a I-III-I-III.... bit before branching out into challenging new direction by introducing the IV, but I still can't remember anything about the song and it's only just finished, and I can't be arsed to play a third time.

Edited by SteveO

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='453725' date='Apr 3 2009, 10:25 PM']I quite like that - And I don't even listen to any current music usually, miserable old git that I am![/quote]

+1

It ain't about the chord structure it's about the mel-o-dee.