Why become a member? ×

Bass player wanted, Surrey / Berks

Supergroup

We're LJB, a four-piece based near Surrey/Berks/Hants border.  We cover a British popular musical thread that starts with early R&B (Who, Kinks, Beatles, Stones, Small Faces), through Northern Soul, Jam / Weller and some Britpop numbers.  Sadly our current bassist has decided to step aside, so we're looking for an experienced bassist with the right sound and feel that can step in with the minimum of rehearsal for gigs next year.  We have five gigs to the end of 2021 which one of our ex-bassists will stand in for, so if you want to see what we're like and have a chat, you're welcome.

https://www.lemonrock.com/lordjohnband?page=gigs

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I hope not, we had a good gig in Chertsey last night, it would be a real shame if we couldn't do something in 2022.

We thought it best to announce no more LJB on FB as venues are looking for new dates, and we can't keep asking our ex-bassist to dep, his other band has a busy diary.

We'd be thrilled if we did manage to find a bassist though.

Our next gig is 2nd Oct at the Princess in Woking, Paul Weller's local when he was a lad.  Anyone interested, please come along, listen, and let's have a chat.

2 hours ago, Supergroup said:

We'd be thrilled if we did manage to find a bassist though.

If my other bands weren't so busy, I'd have called you myself.

Things change, and not always in a good way. If I find myself more available, I'll PM you on FB. 😉

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...