Why become a member? ×

Vegan strap?

On 24/08/2021 at 00:29, Woodinblack said:

Of course it is. Are you happy wearing the flayed skin of a dead animal around your neck, yes / no.

To be very precise, the options here are yes/yes. The animals (and woods) turned to oil do not renew at all in any feasible timeline. And they affect our atmosphere, so I do not see choices here, good ones, that is.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

Does anyone here who owns one keep their strap attached to their bass in it's gig bag?

I'm thinking that the metal length  adjustment thingies might scratch the body.

No problem here with keeping them attached in hard cases. 

I just scored another RightOn! off eBay today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, skilamalink said:

I ordered a Couch strap from the States and it arrived nine days later and no duty or import fees to pay. Result. Being a child of the seventies I went for the Scout Caravan Royal Red Detroit '78.

And very nice it is too 🙂  Lucky you - no extra charges to pay! 🙂   I got caught for extra charges on both the straps I had directly from Couch.  

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, skilamalink said:

I ordered a Couch strap from the States and it arrived nine days later and no duty or import fees to pay. Result. Being a child of the seventies I went for the Scout Caravan Royal Red Detroit '78.

image.png.b42dff0c825cfe90c88260a471c2d39b.png

Nice! I've been tempted by the beige version of that one for a long time.

27 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

Do RightOn offer non leather versions of all their straps? I was looking at the Fakey Black, with the clef symbol on, but the description states that it’s leather 

Not all their straps, but the Mojo series.  I've got two of them - very well made and comfortable.

https://www.rightonstraps.com/en/guitar-bass-straps-mojo

Edited by inthedoghouse

I can understand the interest in vegan straps but at the moment I have no interest them or any straps containing plastic. In the past, the ones I have bought containing plastic coatings end up cracking along the edges and then being scratchy on the the exposed skin of my shoulder or side of my neck. Leather ones just seem to get softer over time so tend to become more flexible and softer as they age.  Also I don't trust plastic fittings that hold the tabs as my basses are pretty heavy. My straps are all leather no plastic or metal except for the straplocks.