Why become a member? ×

Bass preamp - share new pedal first look

BCH

I have been testing the Tech 21 Q strip on an active & passive bass and I am delighted with the very high quality sound & simple set up. I have used the Sansamp bass driver & RBI also digital EQ...which are great but the Q strip is less aggressive and provides a wide blended/overlapping smooth sound that responds to playing levels/styles (pick & finger) I particularly like the 2 Mid controls...easy to find sweet spots...will gig this weekend

It is a analog mixer channel strip approach, see video posts...as you would expect from Tech 21 its well built...

• Like 1

On 20/08/2021 at 17:52, BCH said:

I have been testing the Tech 21 Q strip on an active & passive bass and I am delighted with the very high quality sound & simple set up. I have used the Sansamp bass driver & RBI also digital EQ...which are great but the Q strip is less aggressive and provides a wide blended/overlapping smooth sound that responds to playing levels/styles (pick & finger) I particularly like the 2 Mid controls...easy to find sweet spots...will gig this weekend

It is a analog mixer channel strip approach, see video posts...as you would expect from Tech 21 its well built...

Used at our gig last night...great sound, no noise, very small adjustment from fist set up at home...used with ACG Krell & Mike Lull P...more natural than the digital mixer EQ (not using back line)...it's a keeper 

Screenshot_22_08_2021__17_09.gif