SOLD - GSS Baby Sumo £175 shipped / £150 collected
£175
London

CamdenRob

SOLD

GSS Baby Sumo

£175 shipped or £150 collected from London E17

Website Stuff;

Inputs/outputs and controls : 1/4" (6,35mm) input jack connector on the front panel. Neutrik Speakon loudspeaker output connector on the back panel. One on/off power switch. Massive pure aluminium volume control.

Weight: 3.3 Lbs (1,5 Kg)
Dimensions: 5.2 x 3.2 x 8 inches / 13 x 8 x 20 centimeters (Width x Height x Depth)
Power: 600 Watt over 4 Ohm; 300 Watt over 8 Ohms; 150 Watts over 16 Ohms.
THD (at full power): < 0,1 %
Input impedance: 10 K Ohm
Power voltage: 180-264 Volt ac
Frequency response (-1dB): 20-20000 Hz

This is a great little power amp. It does need something in front of it to boost the input DB though. I received the following from GSS when I emailed before buying.

The Baby Sumo requires a preamp with at least +15dB of gain and an output impedance smaller than 10 K Ohm.
Its input is unbalanced.

There are a number of suitable preamp options.  Anything from a $50 Mooer Graphic B eq pedal with gain or a One control Sonic Silver Peg, or Sadowsky SPB 2, or a more feature-rich Fishman Platinum Pro... will work fine.
If you want to get the very best out of the Baby Sumo, you can also use a high end studio grade preamp such as the Avalon U5.

I've been using this through a Fishman platinum pro with a pair of One10s and it's plenty loud enough for me :)

ckbHlIJ.jpg

AzRCkOT.jpg

DKJuWwe.jpg

9kT4g1y.jpg

VjL7UhX.jpg

Edited by CamdenRob
Now Sold

• CamdenRob changed the title to SOLD - GSS Baby Sumo £175 shipped / £150 collected
  • Dad3353 locked this topic