Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - PLEASE REMOVE - Fender Jazz Bass, USA, 2008, Black / Tort, £850
£850
Stroud, Glos

Jack_Stroud_Bass

For sale is my 2008 USA Fender Standard Jazz Bass. 

Background.

I bought this outside of BassChat on NYE 2020. I've owned it since then, where I have played it at a few rehearsals and one gig. I'm selling it as I prefer my EB Musicman Stingray.

The plan is to replace this and get another EBMM as a back-up to my main bass.

There's a thread where I ramble on about the pros / cons of owning a variety of basses here if anyone's interested: 

The bass: 

It's lovely. Classic Fender good looks and sounds. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard. Set up with a low action. 

Serial no. Z8061692 - made in 2008. 

The original white pick guard comes with it, but I liked the tort. The original owner's manual / cloth come with it too. 

There are some pictures, and one video (not the best audio though I'm afraid - just a phone) but happy to send more detailed pics of any specific part if anybody would like a closer inspection. 

Work done: 

In Feb. of this year after I bought it, there was a slight issue / ski-jump at the end of the neck which caused the frets at the very extreme of the board to buzz. The luthier removed and re-fretted the last 12 frets, and planed the end of the fretboard to fix the issue.

This was carried out as well as a lovely fresh set up and set of strings (which are now a little dull sounding).

I've posted some photos of the work he did here. He's a great luthier based in Stroud and I'd recommend him to anyone in the Cotswolds or Glos area - link below. Spent a decent amount of cash getting these bad boys set up. The other neck was my P bass, which he did at the same time. 

Nightingale Guitars -

Weight:

I don't know the weight. I don't own scales but it's certainly not very heavy. Having said that, it's not swamp-ash so it's also not the lightest. Will try and find out, but might be a while. 

Price: 

Firm. 

Trades: 

If you have a 90s or earlier EB MM Stingray with a Flea bridge, bird's eye maple neck in an alluring finish? Or perhaps a Stingray "Classic" with the string-through body I'd be interested to get into a discussion. 

The case / gig-bag. 

When I bought it it came in this shoddy looking gig-bag. It's rubbish. It's labelled as "superior" but it's anything but. I wouldn't put my worst enemy's bass in it. However, it's the only one it's got and the price is slightly lower to reflect this.

This is also the reason why I am unable to post / courier this bass, unless a buyer wants to volunteer funds for shipping and a case.  

Stroud, Glos. 

Happy for buyer to collect over a cuppa.

Alternatively, happy to drive to a convenient half-way meeting point for a service station deal. I don't have a battery powered amp though if you want to plug it in.

Payment: 

Cash ideally. 

If not, bank transfer works too. 

Thanks for looking, any questions please either reply below or private message me and I'll do my best to get back to you as quickly as I can. 

Cheers-ta-nice one. 

Jack 

Fender Jazz (5).jpeg

Fender Jazz (1).jpeg

Fender Jazz (2).jpeg

Fender Jazz (3).jpeg

Fender Jazz (4).jpeg

Fender Jazz (6).jpeg

Fender Jazz (7).jpeg

Fender Jazz (8).jpeg

Fender Jazz (9).jpeg

Fender Jazz (10).jpeg

Fender Jazz (11).jpeg

Fender Jazz (12).jpeg

Fender Jazz (13).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 19.29.11.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 19.29.11 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 19.29.11 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-19 at 19.29.11 (1).jpeg

Edited by Jack_Stroud_Bass
BASS WITHDRAWN FROM SALE
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Jack_Stroud_Bass changed the title to WITHDRAWN - PLEASE REMOVE - Fender Jazz Bass, USA, 2008, Black / Tort, £850