Why become a member? ×

Finally Done It/Got It!

spongebob

Following my recent Ashdown deliberations, I finally made the move last week, as mentioned in the topic about Musik Productiv and their (almost too) cheap offers.

I was going for a RM500, and two 1x12's. However, with things going so fast, I had to make a change, Instead, I opted for the 1x12 combo, and the remaining 1x12 cab. Same thing, I guess, just in a different package.

Ordered last Friday evening, delivered by UPS today. No extra charges, nothing sinister - it was all new, sealed, well packaged.

I can't try the cab until tomorrow (speakon in the post, sold my OBBM one when I stopped playing for a bit), but the combo alone is a beast. It has much more heft to the tone than others I've owned. With the cab, it's hopefully all the 500w I'll ever need. Any more, and I'd want to be DI'd, as I wouldn't want any more volume behind me!

Bad photo attached to prove it's existence. I'd call this the cheapest 500w rig I've ever bought - £460 all in!  

20210819_164033.jpg

• Like 14

3 hours ago, spongebob said:

Ordered last Friday evening, delivered by UPS today. No extra charges, nothing sinister - it was all new, sealed, well packaged.

I ordered a RM800 EVO2 from them last Friday and UPS have just told me the delivery will be put back to Monday 23rd☹️

I can't complain really, it was half price.

Glad you are getting on with your new rig!  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, stevie said:

Looks very smart. But the grille seems to be obscuring most of the tweeter. 

Yes. I think this is the mk1 Evo. It looks to have been changed on the mk2 (the op's above) I'll try it and see what it sounds like, but I'll probably have the tweeter switched off anyway. I'm not a fan of the top end twange. If I do use it and the grill is causing interference, I can always remove the bracing on that corner. It does seem to be a bit of a design flaw though. 

24 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

I ordered a RM800 EVO2 from them last Friday and UPS have just told me the delivery will be put back to Monday 23rd☹️

I can't complain really, it was half price.

Glad you are getting on with your new rig!  Enjoy!

Ordered mine last Saturday and arrived today so disappointing to hear yours has been delayed 😢

9 hours ago, Happypants said:

Ordered mine last Saturday and arrived today so disappointing to hear yours has been delayed 😢

What's it like? Any good?  I'm a bit concerned I'm going to get some cheap knock off made in Germany by Bosch or Audi or someone and not the real McCoy, made in China.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, spongebob said:

Following my recent Ashdown deliberations, I finally made the move last week, as mentioned in the topic about Musik Productiv and their (almost too) cheap offers.

I was going for a RM500, and two 1x12's. However, with things going so fast, I had to make a change, Instead, I opted for the 1x12 combo, and the remaining 1x12 cab. Same thing, I guess, just in a different package.

I can't try the cab until tomorrow (speakon in the post, sold my OBBM one when I stopped playing for a bit), but the combo alone is a beast. It has much more heft to the tone than others I've owned. With the cab, it's hopefully all the 500w I'll ever need. Any more, and I'd want to be DI'd, as I wouldn't want any more volume behind me!

Bad photo attached to prove it's existence. I'd call this the cheapest 500w rig I've ever bought - £460 all in!  

20210819_164033.jpg

Hurrah! Nice one - enjoy :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BillyBass said:

What's it like? Any good?  I'm a bit concerned I'm going to get some cheap knock off made in Germany by Bosch or Audi or someone and not the real McCoy, made in China.

It’s marked up as a German model voltage wise (I’m no expert but should be same as UK). They also threw in a European to UK 3 pin adapter as the supplied cable is 2 pin. No complaints, would order from MP again (and just have).  

Was an impulsive buy due to price although initial impressions are lovely. Clearly completely excessive for my needs and now I need a wider cab!

06654F38-3D33-4DC9-8F35-B9D3FC781888.jpeg

• Like 1

My RM800 arrived this morning from MP.

Contained a European mains cable and UK adapter. This is not a problem for me as I have lots of spare UK cables.

The amp sounds fantastic and I really wish I had discovered the Ashdown sound earlier.

Clear with lots of punch.... What's not to like.

Also EXTREMELY loud.😄

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, spyder said:

My RM800 arrived this morning from MP.

Contained a European mains cable and UK adapter. This is not a problem for me as I have lots of spare UK cables.

The amp sounds fantastic and I really wish I had discovered the Ashdown sound earlier.

Clear with lots of punch.... What's not to like.

Also EXTREMELY loud.😄

I’ve got the 500 and it’s perfect for what I play, they are a very versatile amp, congrats Spyder ☝️

My new cab turned up today. It turns out I accidentally ordered the Evo1 the first time around (locally) but the second cab I ordered from Muzik Produktiv is the mk2. Although they're slightly different, luckily they're the same dimensions so stack nicely. Lightweight, powerful and look great (to my eye at least). Can't wait until Wednesday practice now to put them through their paces. 

IMG_20210823_112019.jpg

• Like 5