Why become a member? ×

SOLD. Sadowsky metro MV4 c. 2005 for sale (£1,600) or trade for a P-bass
£1600
Edinburgh

Nickthebass

*EDIT* This bass is now sold.*

A Sadowsky Metro MV4 - one of the early Japanese models for sale or trade.

Slimmed down J type body, beautiful feeling neck, Sadowsky branded machine heads, humbuckers and the trademark 2 band Sadowsky pre-amp. The volume pot also has a pull to bypass the pre-amp in case of battery issues (it sounds nice passive too in fact). The bass if generally in good condition with a low action and plays really nicely. There is one barely noticeable dink just above the 15th fret but this has no impact on playability (in fact I had to hunt for it to take a picture). Includes the original Sadowsky case.

Weight is pretty much 4kg on the nose per my kitchen scales. 

I bought it new at The Gallery in Camden and it was my main bass until early 2012 and has been a back up ever since.

I'd prefer a sale but I'm open to trades for a good 4 string P bass (doesn't have to be a Fender). I'd be interested in something of a similar value like a recent US Fender model or PX (cash my way) for something like a Nate Mendel or similar. Must be passive, single split coil pick up (no P/Js, P/MMs etc.). I'm not too fussed about colours or fretboard woods but extra marks for a Jazz width neck or something else slim.

I'm in Edinburgh and would prefer to meet up but happy to discuss postage, delivery to get a good deal done.

Thanks

Nick

IMG_0610.jpeg

IMG_0612.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

Scales.jpg

E50E56AC-71D5-475F-BFF7-446F3C6BAA94.jpeg.3f456532b5c599c92f0ded5bc84c28a4.jpeg

Edited by Nickthebass
Status update - sale completed
  • Like 8

• Nickthebass changed the title to SOLD. Sadowsky metro MV4 c. 2005 for sale (£1,600) or trade for a P-bass
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic