Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***Ampeg V-4B 100W ***SOLD***
£995
Chesterfield

Sammybass

Hello!

Some lucky sod is going to benefit from my foolish spending!

I've had this amplifier for 4 months so it is utterly as new. Obviously it's never been gigged. I realise now it's a bit over the top for bedroom use! Comes with a Roqsolid cover worth £50.

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Ampeg-Classic-V-4B/UZ1?origin=product-ads&gclid=CjwKCAjw3_KIBhA2EiwAaAAlio7MfnFSItURUAnLI7TWD9QTDc5GiW4I4fnfr50CMm6PZ9_-gdGoERoCnuIQAvD_BwE

I will consider trades for high-powered Class D amplifiers such as Mesa etc. No offers please - it's a flipping bargain!

Collection only from Chesterfield. 

Ok - how about trades for interesting basses? I don’t need any more amps or cabs. Especially interested in Warwick, Spector and Sandberg. 

IMG_7136.jpeg

IMG_7137.jpeg

IMG_7135.jpeg

IMG_7138.jpeg

IMG_7134.jpeg

IMG_7133.jpeg

IMG_7139.jpeg

IMG_7140.PNG

IMG_7141.PNG

IMG_7142.PNG

Edited by Sammybass
  • Like 3

• Sammybass changed the title to Ampeg V-4B 100W All-valve monster! New!
31 minutes ago, Sammybass said:

Any opinions on why this isn’t selling? It’s immaculate and virtually new - have I priced it too high?

Any advice is welcome 😁

Without sounding rude or condescending, even if the amp is only 4 months old it is still second hand and prices for second hand items are rock bottom at the moment.

Given the poor prospect of a sale due to the current gigging and Covid climate you need to offer it at a bargain price just to get people interested. 

I would look again at the price and offer it 50-70% of the new price.

Maybe not what you want to hear but it is realistic.

Good luck with the sale..... It really is a fantastic amp.

6 minutes ago, spyder said:

Without sounding rude or condescending, even if the amp is only 4 months old it is still second hand and prices for second hand items are rock bottom at the moment.

Given the poor prospect of a sale due to the current gigging and Covid climate you need to offer it at a bargain price just to get people interested. 

I would look again at the price and offer it 50-70% of the new price.

Maybe not what you want to hear but it is realistic.

Good luck with the sale..... It really is a fantastic amp.

Thanks for your input mate, but offering this amp at £550 is madness to me. I’m not that desperate to sell! 😂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sammybass said:

Any opinions on why this isn’t selling? It’s immaculate and virtually new - have I priced it too high?

Any advice is welcome 😁

You're not really giving it a great sell mate. This is one great amp. Tone wise it's to all intents a powerful B-15, whilst doing a lot of what an SVT can do without the back-breaking weight. To put it in context, with the right cab and EQ this will give a Mesa BB750 a run for its money, with IMO the edge on tone. There's a thread on here about what amp to replace an SVT. THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beedster said:

You're not really giving it a great sell mate. This is one great amp. Tone wise it's to all intents a powerful B-15, whilst doing a lot of what an SVT can do without the back-breaking weight. To put it in context, with the right cab and EQ this will give a Mesa BB750 a run for its money, with IMO the edge on tone. There's a thread on here about what amp to replace an SVT. THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

If it’s that good I don’t need to give it a great sell! Thank you so much for your post!!! Hopefully it helps - I think it’s a fair price! 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammybass said:

Any advice is welcome 😁

Unless you are a vat registered business, you're technically selling this for more than the shop does. I am vat registered and could buy the same amp new and claim the vat back meaning I could buy a new one for £979.17. If I had an issue with it, I could then take it back to the shop I bought it from and let them arrange sorting it out. Warranties generally aren't transferrable. Also, as mentioned before, it's second hand. Just like buying a new car, you lose a heap of value as soon as you roll it out of the dealership. I don't doubt it's a wonderful amp, I really don't but if I were looking at spending £1k on an amp I'd have no issue paying the £180 extra to have one that is brand new, fully covered by warranty and the backup of the shop it came from plus I'd know it's entire life history. Personally I think £800 is a more realistic price. This isn't a criticism btw (you are entirely free to offer it at whatever price you want and that is entirely your perrogative) just my thoughts on why it's not selling.

Edited by mrtcat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mrtcat said:

Unless you are a vat registered business, you're technically selling this for more than the shop does. I am vat registered and could buy the same amp new and claim the vat back meaning I could buy a new one for £979.17. If I had an issue with it, I could then take it back to the shop I bought it from and let them arrange sorting it out. Warranties generally aren't transferrable. Also, as mentioned before, it's second hand. Just like buying a new car, you lose a heap of value as soon as you roll it out of the dealership. I don't doubt it's a wonderful amp, I really don't but if I were looking at spending £1k on an amp I'd have no issue paying the £180 extra to have one that is brand new, fully covered by warranty and the backup of the shop it came from plus I'd know it's entire life history. Personally I think £800 is a more realistic price. This isn't a criticism btw (you are entirely free to offer it at whatever price you want and that is entirely your perrogative) just my thoughts on why it's not selling.

That's the quite sobering reality of buying new gear. Trading is often a better bet than selling in this situation.

1 hour ago, Sammybass said:

If it’s that good I don’t need to give it a great sell! 

The reality of selling on here is that you do, gear that's fully described and detailed tends to sell far more quickly than gear that's not 👍

• Like 1

Superb head and in my experience £750 ex postage would be firmly in the ballpark.

just checked eBay, one sold recently in a flight case for £950 but remove the eBay commission and in reality it’s been worth about £800 to the seller.

Good luck, Andy

PS, I bought an SVT-3PRO last year for £1079, I’d be lucky to get £450 for it. :(

Edited by andy67
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, andy67 said:

Superb head and in my experience £750 ex postage would in the ballpark.

just checked eBay, one sold recently in a flight case for £950 but remove the  eBay commission and in reality it’s about £800 with the flight case.

Good luck, Andy

Thanks for that “Andy”, your words are such a help. I really value your opinion. 

Good luck to you too, Sam

Just keep it ,unless you really need the cash , you won't get anything class D that sounds as good! I use my V4b at home all the time and it sounds fantastic at low volume , plus it doesn't have any annoying fan noise. It's my best sounding amp by far and wouldn't be happy selling unless I really really had to!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, skychaserhigh said:

Just keep it ,unless you really need the cash , you won't get anything class D that sounds as good! I use my V4b at home all the time and it sounds fantastic at low volume , plus it doesn't have any annoying fan noise. It's my best sounding amp by far and wouldn't be happy selling unless I really really had to!

That resonates with me, you're gonna take a hit on the cash and even if you trade it we be for an amp that WILL NOT SOUND AS GOOD (but be a bit easier to carry) :) 

• Like 2

• Sammybass changed the title to Ampeg V-4B 100W Now open to bass trades!!
  • Sammybass changed the title to ***SOLD***Ampeg V-4B 100W ***SOLD***