Why become a member? ×

SOLD - OLP Musicman style bass with quality upgrades
£275
Chorley, Lancs., PR6

ead

For sale is this OLP that I acquired in its original passive V/V/T setup and have modified as follows (the original bits are included in the sale):

Stinger '77 2-band EQ

Nordstrand MM4.2 pickup

An ebony thumb rest - using double sided adhesive tape

I fitted a battery box separate to the main cavity as it was a bit tight in there with the active EQ as well and this makes for a much better solution.  It's a pretty tidy job if I say so myself although one screw doesn't quite bite properly.

The bass is in pretty good condition with a couple of light marks on the body.  The scratchplate is a bit scuffed.  The neck is very nice to move around on and the frets are in good condition.  The bass will come with a decent gig bag.

Pickup or meeting preferred but I will post if required for a cost of £25 including insurance.

I think these basses were made in China in around 2005-06 and I believe this to be the first series.  It's a comfortable weight at 8.5lbs by my scales and plays nicely.  Here are a few pics.

Any questions please ask.

Edited by ead
  • Like 7

A mate of mine had one of these about 10 years ago. Maybe longer. He used an old Peavey TNT combo (Great old combos) with it and it sounded top. I was really surprised how good it sounded. I never played it but sound wise, it was superb.

I’d definitely have a punt on this if finances were better. GLWTS.

Edited by itsmedunc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • ead changed the title to SOLD - OLP Musicman style bass with quality upgrades