Why become a member? ×

NCD Ashdown Studio 15

Kyndainverse

My recent foray back in Bass has resulted in me taking delivery of an Ashdown studio 15. After finding a great B stock deal on Andersons. (Apparently the box was tatty). 

So far it sounds great at low volumes. 
Given my last gigable combo was a tank like Peavey TNT 160 this thing is crazy light weight. 

It’s likely to be a few weeks before I get to try it with a band and crank it up. 

DFAEEB14-4F7E-42DC-88A3-518F2223713C.jpeg

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got in a rehearsal room with my new combo yesterday. 
Played with a drummer and a guitarist (the louder of our two guitarists couldn’t make it). 
Disclaimer. I’ve recently come back to playing after 22 years. Back then I played a few pub gigs with an 160 watt Peavey TNT combo. No other experience to speak of. 

I’m super happy with the studio 15. It dealt easily with the situation. I mostly played with the pre gain at around 3 o’clock , volume just before 12 and the volume on my Bruce Thomas profile P Bass about 3/4

It was plenty load enough and sounded fantastic to me and the others. 
We recorded a couple of tracks onto a zoom multitrack recorder with the amp miked up and a couple of tracks using the zoom’s build in mics in the middle of the room. Listening back today the sound good and the bass sounds clear and the loudest thing in the room. 

I’m very happy with my bargain purchase. 

• Like 6