Why become a member? ×

End of the road

Telebass

That's it, I'm done. No more playing. 

Physically disintegrating,  more major spinal work a possibility. Left shoulder now packing up too.

Time to walk away. Even have to do that on sticks now.

When I can bear it, stuff will be appearing in the Marketplace...

Cheers, y'all, it's been great.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 51

5 minutes ago, Telebass said:

That's it, I'm done. No more playing. 

Physically disintegrating,  more major spinal work a possibility. Left shoulder now packing up too.

Time to walk away. Even have to do that on sticks now.

When I can bear it, stuff will be appearing in the Marketplace...

Cheers, y'all, it's been great.

Thoughts are with you mate, please stay on here and continue to share your wisdom and humour with us though 👍

• Like 6

Sorry to hear . Hope the health improves, or at least becomes manageable . Try whatever you can to improve that. 
Edited to say , I hope your quality of life improves . Typing in bed , is not always the best thing to do..

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE
  • Like 1

So sorry to hear this @Telebass. Always sad to hear of ageing / health woes, and especially among fellow BC members.

Just wondering whether it's worth considering a really small UKE bass, or some similarly tiny, lightweight option - perhaps for some acoustic jams? Or maybe even just noodling at home on the sofa?
I only suggest this as I know just how much I would miss playing music. Take care, look after yourself, and all the best.

• Like 3

Very sorry to hear this @Telebass

I sincerely hope your health picks up, or you can get to a place where it’s not all consuming. Don’t sell anything until you are 1000% sure there’s no way to continue playing. But, as suggested above, don’t rule out a bass uke or something similar to play around with if you feel up to it. 

Rooting for you man.

• Like 1

Hi Mr Telebass - your post made made me stop for several seconds and offer up an incantation of gratitude to whichever deity is keeping an eye on my health and well-being.  Having just turned 69 (and still gigging) it was also a timely reminder to think about the right way to lift and move my own gear.

I wish you well for the future sir.

Chris

• Like 3

Aww no. 

I hope your health improves/stabilises.

An Aria Sinsonido bass might allow you to keep your hand in?

they weigh about 2lbs, but are still full scale and have a wire frame body to sit and play x

085B1F72-41E3-4BC0-BA24-AA86712B9A19.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
  • Like 7