Why become a member? ×

Threads not opening at last unread post

Newfoundfreedom

Question

Before the update, if I clicked on unread posts, then opened a thread, it would automatically take me to the first unread post in that thread.

Now, when I do that, it just opens at the beginning of the thread and I have to manually go through the thread to find the last unread post. There is now just a line which tells me where the unread posts start, but I still have to go through manually to find it, which can be really annoying when threads are several pages long. 

What's all that about? How do I get the threads to automatically jump to the last unread post?

5 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Before the update, if I clicked on unread posts, then opened a thread, it would automatically take me to the first unread post in that thread.

Now, when I do that, it just opens at the beginning of the thread and I have to manually go through the thread to find the last unread post. There is now just a line which tells me where the unread posts start, but I still have to go through manually to find it, which can be really annoying when threads are several pages long. 

What's all that about? How do I get the threads to automatically jump to the last unread post?

In account settings…

1439E14D-C088-4B8D-92AB-AD29E84E80B8.jpeg

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Superb! Thanks

No problem, you’re welcome. With my fat fingers, it’s a bit of an issue hitting the blob to the left of the thread title, which takes you to the last unread, regardless of the account setting. Therefore, finding a sausage finger solution was paramount.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1