Why become a member? ×

Quality Cables.....Where From Now?

spongebob

My old cables were all from Dave, OBBM, and damn fine they were too.

However, when I quit, not for good as it turned out, I sold the lot on here.....

Can anyone suggest a good place to buy from now? Not after anything too fancy, just a bit of quality as a reasonable price. 

Just after a instrument cable, and a single speakon.

I did see Designacable have a selection....I bought a hi fi lead from them, and it was superb.

Thoughts?

I guess it depends how much you want to spend. I think it's worth buying quality cables.  I've used nothing but Spectraflex for years, but makes like Tsunami and Klotz are great too. The Fender ones are cheaper and seem pretty decent.

• Like 1

Designacable are good. However, all they do is use good quality components, as did OBBM. You can save money by using the same components - Neutrik/Switchcraft connectors and Van Damme or similar cable. Speakon cables don't even need to be soldered. Just strip the cables and screw them together. There's even a diagram on the Speakon packet to show you how.

On 15/08/2021 at 09:22, spongebob said:

https://www.designacable.com/live-stage-leads/passive-speaker/2-pole-speaker-leads.html

Scrub that, just ordered a 4mm one, and a new lead as well. In yellow, obviously....

4mm is totally and utterly pointless unless you’re running Mötorhead’s entire PA through one cable…. Which is why I too ordered a 4mm from Designacable 😬. Points awarded for yellow, good work!!

Seriously, in hindsight 2.5mm is more than enough. And yeah Designacable for the win… I know I can make my own but I’m an idiot with cable assembly and everything I’ve bought from them has been spot on, never had an issue.