Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ashdown ABM III Evo 500W 2x10 Combo
£120
Maidstone, Kent

Marvin_

First Basschat sales post (well, second as this is a relist as the previous purchaser went AWOL - ebay I might add), so here goes! I bought this from glassmoon last November. I've had my fun with it, but it's a bit surplus to requirements now I've moved to a DI preamp and monitors solution (only play at home anyway). Cosmetically this amp has lived a life, but it still sounds brilliant, with great Ashdown features like the (real) valve drive section, built in compressor and sub-harmonics. The built in DI works really well, and there's a substantial and powerful EQ section. If you get the optional footswitch, the drive, EQ and compressor can be switched easily whilst playing.

Features:
  • 500W RMS through a 2x10 speaker setup
  • Tube/valve overdrive preamp
  • Active/passive switch to suit any bass
  • Input volume control with meter to correctly set up the preamp
  • 7 band switchable EQ
  • Switchable compressor
  • Switchable sub-harmonics
  • Line out and DI XLR for connection to additional amps or a PC for recording, or PA for live use
  • Line input for playing along with tracks from an MP3 player or similar
  • Tuner out & mute switch for silent tuning
  • 4 ohm minimum load
Hopefully the pictures convey the case's condition, which is structurally very sound, but has taken a few knocks as you'd expect for a gigged amp. The top corner protectors are missing a couple of screws, and the tolex/covering has a few patches knocked away. The front grille is likewise not quite straight any more (although difficult to photo), but still does its job and looks presentable enough.

Collection only from Maidstone, Kent. This amp is a sizable and heavy beast so not really suitable for postage without the original packaging. I am happy to arrange a half-way meetup or local delivery within reason - contact me for more details.

IMG20210807105503.jpg

IMG20210807105511.jpg

IMG20210807105519.jpg

IMG20210807105556.jpg

IMG20210807105549.jpg

IMG20210807105616.jpg

IMG20210807105654.jpg

IMG20210807105741.jpg

Edited by Marvin_
  • Like 2

• Marvin_ changed the title to SOLD: Ashdown ABM III Evo 500W 2x10 Combo
  • Dad3353 locked this topic