Why become a member? ×

Culture Club last night 12/08/21 Audley End House

police squad

finally got to see them

Paid silly money for front row tickets (not as much as the bloke next to me)

What a rhythm section.

Actually George's voice was excellent but he is a bit of a nob.

Lulu was one of the support acts and was first class and she came on and sang 'Man who sold the world'  with CC. Great version, well done everyone, (bass player used a Mustang for half the set)

Event security couldn't keep the punters in their seats, which made a mockery of being in the front row. A shambles. Won't ever bother with this kind of gig ever again

but Culture Club were fabulous, they played songs that I'd forgotten how much I loved.

Anyone else there?

• Like 3

I remember when I was an 18 year old heavy metal fan hearing Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? and I immediately fell in love with it. I have to admit the following songs were a bit twee for me but I've always liked their sound. The recent songs from George have been good. I would have loved to have seen them.

• Like 2

On 13/08/2021 at 20:56, police squad said:

Event security couldn't keep the punters in their seats, which made a mockery of being in the front row. A shambles. Won't ever bother with this kind of gig ever again

but Culture Club were fabulous, they played songs that I'd forgotten how much I loved.

What where you thinking of, sitting down at a 'rock' concert in the first place?

2 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Mrs Spiders MK1 has been a lifelong fan and when we were married she used to overplay CC albums way too much for my liking and turned my mild indifference into something like pathological dislike. Sorry to poop the positive party people.

No problem, I feel the same about Dancing in the Dark, Money For Nothing and Road to Nowhere which were all ruined for me by video jukeboxes!

15 minutes ago, ubit said:

No problem, I feel the same about Dancing in the Dark, Money For Nothing and Road to Nowhere which were all ruined for me by video jukeboxes!

They certainly were and the first two still get played to death on Planet Rock along with Alright Now, More Than A Feeling and Here I Go Again.  I've often wondered if music artists have ever asked broadcasters not to play their songs to death for fear of a backlash

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

They certainly were and the first two still get played to death on Planet Rock along with Alright Now, More Than A Feeling and Here I Go Again.  I've often wondered if music artists have ever asked broadcasters not to play their songs to death for fear of a backlash

We quite like Planet Rock but there are certain shows that annoy me. Danny Bowes always plays his own bands songs and it's the same every time "here's a song by Thunder, the band that what I is in".  It drives me up the wall!

I miss the Hairy Bikers. They had craic.

15 hours ago, ubit said:

We quite like Planet Rock but there are certain shows that annoy me. Danny Bowes always plays his own bands songs and it's the same every time "here's a song by Thunder, the band that what I is in".  It drives me up the wall!

I miss the Hairy Bikers. They had craic.

I probably like about 5-10% of the music in any show though I like the presenters, particularly Wyatt and his cymbals of appreciation. Danny Bowes seems ok as a person but I'm not a fan of his band's music and that style of hard rock.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

I probably like about 5-10% of the music in any show though I like the presenters, particularly Wyatt and his cymbals of appreciation. Danny Bowes seems ok as a person but I'm not a fan of his band's music and that style of hard rock.

I like Wyatt too and Paul Anthony is ok but I can't stick Danny Bowes. Thunder is just the kind of rock that I find kind of bleh. I like rock and metal but just could never get on with Thunder.