Why become a member? ×

Did I dream this?

MacDaddy

So in the days of the Rockabilly revival, I particularly liked the bassists who would spin their DB's, and jump on them while still playing etc.

I'm sure I remember seeing one guy playing away, who put the DB on its side, jumped on it, then kicked off so that it was spinning with him still playing on top of it.

I've searched the Youtube but can't find this anywhere, so did I dream it? 😆

16 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

So in the days of the Rockabilly revival, I particularly liked the bassists who would spin their DB's, and jump on them while still playing etc.

I'm sure I remember seeing one guy playing away, who put the DB on its side, jumped on it, then kicked off so that it was spinning with him still playing on top of it.

I've searched the Youtube but can't find this anywhere, so did I dream it? 😆

I saw them all many times back in the day..Blue cats, Deltas, Restless, Polecats etc etc etc and I must admit I dont remember seeing anyone do what you are describing. Although to be fair I can't remember what I did yesterday so...........😂

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Beer of the Bass said:

It's hard to see how that would work for balance, so I'd be impressed if someone pulled it off. (Probably wouldn't loan them my bass though!)

with hindsight, I'm guessing he was miming, as lengthways spinning would mean no cables.