Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Compact C2

Stub Mandrel

Any good?

No professional reviews out there - they all just regurgitate the same press release.

User reviews seem to vary, some people say this is just a mid-range box to brighten things up alongside another cab, others say it is full range.

No info on its sensitivity (or any other Phil Jones cabs, despite their website waxing lyrical about all the advanced measurement gear they have). I don't expect miracles but would this  cope for a 'lounge gig' alongside, say, ~25 watts of amplified acoustic guitar and vocals if driven by a decent head?

See the other thread about this cab. In common with any compact speaker cab, sensitivity is low. The same applies to small monitor speakers. It's the price you pay for getting a quart from a pint pot. The C2 is essentially a Bass Cub without the onboard amplification. I'd say it might not suffice if said lounge is of any large size. 25 watts of (even acoustic) guitar cab be quite loud. A C4 would certainly do it, imo. 

8 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

See the other thread about this cab. In common with any compact speaker cab, sensitivity is low. The same applies to small monitor speakers. It's the price you pay for getting a quart from a pint pot. The C2 is essentially a Bass Cub without the onboard amplification. I'd say it might not suffice if said lounge is of any large size. 25 watts of (even acoustic) guitar cab be quite loud. A C4 would certainly do it, imo. 

Can you link to the other thread? I can only find one in the for sale section.