Why become a member? ×

NAD Ashdown RM 800

lancer

Bought this lovely amp from 

Musik Produktiv on Friday arrived this morning.

Arrived safely.

It was £286 delivered, brand new.

Some of the Ashdown stuff is really cheap at the moment, RM112 cab £132 delivered @javi_bassist

Whats not to like 😊

Sorry about the rubbish picture, busy day today

19A6CFA0-5FFD-44FE-99B6-D1980116DE51.jpeg

Edited by lancer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I’m not familiar with the seller but they do seem to have some very well priced products and I wondered if there was a catch somewhere. From what the OP has said it appears they are sound. Is Germany awash with different music superstores?

@David B

I have to say I was hesitant, but at the price I thought I’d give it a whirl.

No problems what so ever, bearing in mind if it went wrong I would have been covered by Visa.

I can’t believe the price though, this is inclusive of Vat and customs import duty.

I think the RM 500 is £232 all in😊

21 minutes ago, spongebob said:

How long did it take?

I'm super curious...I'm in the process of Ashdown shopping, and this site has transformed my options!

If you haven’t already been, their showroom  in Heybridge is worth a visit, there’s lots to try 🙂

• Thanks 1

I've just pulled the trigger on an Ashdown RM800 EVO 2 too.  £286.00 is a no brainer for me.  Even if I don't use the preamp section, and run my Di-2112 into the effects return, £286 for an 800w power amp is still a bargain.  Somehow though, I can see myself using it as a standalone amp into my Super compact.

For anyone else nervous about VAT and customs duties, the webpage with the product says 'incl taxes and customs duties, free delivery'. After clicking 'add to basket' you go to the basket page and there is a paragraph under the order which states that customs duties have to be paid outside the EU!  Following the OP's experience I bought anyway and the e-mail I got from them has the unit price at £238.33 and 'import duties' at £47.67, which is 20% of the unit price, so that's the VAT then.  I have not ordered from the EU since Brexit proper happened so I'm not sure if I am liable for any other import duties but if there are any, they will be negligible.

That’s really interesting, I am thinking about ordering but it wasn’t clear to me what I would or wouldn’t pay. If I have to pay an extra 20% on top of the advertised price, it’s not far off a deal Andertons have, and given UPS are useless I think I would be better off buying from the UK and taking advantage of the 0% finance.

2 hours ago, NJE said:

That’s really interesting, I am thinking about ordering but it wasn’t clear to me what I would or wouldn’t pay. If I have to pay an extra 20% on top of the advertised price, it’s not far off a deal Andertons have, and given UPS are useless I think I would be better off buying from the UK and taking advantage of the 0% finance.

No you don't have to pay an extra 20%, the Vat is included in the price they advertise.