Why become a member? ×

Status Matrix Energy - SOLD
£700
North Kent

steve-bbb

Purchased on the  very boutique some years ago from Cosmo Valdemar, this bass has quite the basschat history and passed through several owners! Hopefully now after some tasy mods whoever buys this will want to actually keep hold of it rather than wondering why its not quite reaching that full status potential

I could tell it had potential when i got it but alas not with its issue passive pups and 'basic' tone circuit. Originally tried it with a j-east circuit which sounded very good but sounded nothing at all like a status - so i deccided to set about getting it modded a wee bit to get it to how we all know a status should sound

Took the original passi ve pups out and replaced with a pair of hyperactives new from the status website. All the pots were very old and dirty and noisy so all replaced with new and new knobs. Spoke with Rob at the factory to ascertain if any of the current stock boards would drop into the cavity but alas not - after a rummage around the workshop he found a suitable custom tone circuit for 150 notes - this did require an extra hole drilling through the body to place the fourth knob.

Final purchase was a hiscox status case from the factory - the bass has had a set up a couple years ago by SIMON AT 81GUITARWORKS very minimal tweaking required as expected and it has been playing great ever since - comparitivley light so if weight is an issue then this is for you

No swaps or trades plase as this and my US J are subject to herd thinning :)

Prefer cash on collection or instant money transfer on collection

Sorry will not post or courier but am prepared to drive a reasonable distance

IMG_3659.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

Edited by steve-bbb
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, MB1 said:

….PMD.

Hi as you can see from the side neck image there is a small line along the edge of the fretboard - has never shifted in all my time of owning it and no structural issue with it whatsoever just cosmetic

IMG_5118.thumb.JPG.3c0cb2ac62e929d7fd8afdb20d2f68cc.JPG

IMG_5119.thumb.JPG.9f84e61721e166a8a93bc830456748fb.JPG

IMG_5120.thumb.JPG.79ec49575b7c16db8027ba47c1d84f86.JPGIMG_5121.thumb.JPG.56bbdb6f87a8795e5667f9641676b4a7.JPG