Why become a member? ×

Avon calling…

ash

3 hours ago, Bassassin said:

But why would anyone bother?

Because Avon basses are vintage. And rare. Vintage and rare. Therefore valuable. Very valuable. I know a good investment when I see one.

Why even this piece of complete nonsense sold for 74 of your English pounds. I'm rich, haha!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

Because Avon basses are vintage. And rare. Vintage and rare. Therefore valuable. Very valuable. I know a good investment when I see one.

Why even this piece of complete nonsense sold for 74 of your English pounds. I'm rich, haha!

But, but, but, according to the seller this is how it was when he bought it, apparently in 1985, when they were neither vintage nor rare. In fact at the time the likes of this was held in sufficiently low esteem that it's it's not entirely unreasonable to assume the original neck was chucked on the fire, being the only actual wood (eg not plywood) used in the construction of yer Avon EB-0 copy.

It's a conundrum, alright.

• Haha 1

I remember these from my youth (1970s), someone in one of my early band's had one. As I remember gloss black head-stock, confirmed by a bit of googling, so this is a replacement.  Like various other cheapy things (Jedson, Woolworths Teisco Kay to name two) our aim in life was to get real instruments asap.  When I see some of the prices that these are up for I remain astounded, nostalgia trumps reality?