Why become a member? ×

New old guy

Ross

So I haven't touched a bass in 3 years, and to be honest I only didn't sell the one I still have because I built it myself as a bitsa out of mostly used parts.

I was never the most technical player at any time but played in a few bands and that. Then played less and less and life just kind of got in the way.

Today, picked it up, got playing, must've spent 4 hours running through some neat lessons and exercises on YouTube, buggering about with pentatonics. Really enjoyed playing again.

Looking for some good resources for getting back into it, particularly starting with decent rock lines to learn and exercises for getting my dexterity back.

• Like 1

Hi Ross. If you've already used YouTube, I'd suggest keep using YouTube, search for your favourite bands/songs and include the words "bass tab" in the search box, you may find people have uploaded videos with tabs, which you can play along with, which will be the quickest, easiest and fun way to learn and develop. You may find you learn scales, pentatonics etc without actually knowing it. Thats the best way to learn imho.