Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING
£425
Rochester Kent

BaggyMan

NOW £400 cant drop any lower.  Price new for this model plus the upgrades is way more than £400, so a huge deal to be had here

Here we have an as new SUB4, mahogany body, matt sunburst finish, maple neck in perfect 'as new' condition.

I have been through a bit of a Musicman phase and now have 5 and really need to get the critical 'ray mass down a tad.  

I have a lot of experience of setting and modding guitars and this has has some subtle usable mods which definitely lift it out of the range of your average SUB4.

1.  bridge.  I cant stand the big plate entry level bridge on the subs.  This is a decent facsimile of the smaller plate version and looks far better imho.

2. Pickup:  Bartolini poleless musicman pickup.  Great tonal upgrade to the stock.

3. Coil selection switch series/single/parallel.    TBH this is such an easy mod every stingray should have it.  Series mode gives a bottom end boost without too much loss on the high end. Single is like bridge Jazz bass mode, parallel is like the USA basses (standard SUB 4's are wired series i have found)

New versions have a basswood body so this is a standout version having the mahogany variant.  The wood gives the sunburst more of a tobacco inner colour as opposed to a bright yellow.  A better look imho. 

Overall finish (fret ends etc) is excellent. 

Bass is ungigged and will come with its original sterling by Musicman soft gig bag.

If you are considering a SUB4 anytime soon, buy this.

If you live somewhere close-ish to London I can deliver for petrol monies.   Shipping via UPS insured will be about £35 - £40

Or, Pickup from Rochester Kent. 

IMG_0400.JPG

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0403.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

Edited by BaggyMan
  • Like 6

• BaggyMan changed the title to Sterling by Musicman Stingray with Bartolini and Ray style bridge NOW £400