Why become a member? ×

Vintage VJ74 Reissued Jazz bass. East pre, Bartolini's. FT.
£400
Worcestershire

bubinga5

Got this Jazz bass in a trade, but I have to realise traditional JJ Jazz basses are not for me anymore. 

In brand new condition. Not a mark on it. White/Cream Alder Body. Maple neck. A John East pre and Bartolini pickups have been added. DR strings. As well as a Fender high mass bridge. The original Wilkinson BBOT bridge is included as well as a Leather(ish) Thomann gig bag and leather Gaucho strap... I have a black vintage style hardcase also if needed.

Sound wise its pretty amazing, sounds like a good Jazz bass on steroids . Great East pre. and my favourite Bart pickups. It weighs 4.1 kg on my scales. These basses are £289 retail. The cost of the pre and pickups alone are more than the bass so I think its a bargain. The East pre and Barts are brand new.

So looking for a good P Bass. If you have a Yamaha BB, Squire/Mexican Fender or Sire P7 4 string I'm all ears. Other offers are welcome.

Thankyou for looking.

0.jpeg

0-1.jpeg

0-2.jpeg

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 1

• bubinga5 changed the title to Vintage VJ74 Reissued Jazz bass. Trade for Yamaha BB or P Bass...

I imagine this might cure my gas for a jazz bass. I know it’s probably a silly question but how does it sound when compared with the Suhr you recently sold?

Edited by MNY

1 hour ago, MNY said:

I imagine this might cure my gas for a jazz bass. I know it’s probably a silly question but how does it sound when compared with the Suhr you recently sold?

Its different. The quality of tone is there but the Suhr was a 70s spacing jazz bass. This is more 60,s

• bubinga5 changed the title to Vintage VJ74 Reissued Jazz bass. East pre, Bartolini's. FT.