Bass player needed for pub covers band. Central/North London. ***Not looking anymore***

Our bass player just left due to over committing  himself, so we need a new one. 

We are playing general covers and plan on gigging (again) as soon as we can finalise the line up. We don’t rehearse every week, but seem to rehearse more than we gig. We had gigs pre Covid so hoping to get back out there asap, as well as find new ones. 

I wouldn’t say its an occasional band, but we aren’t aiming got make a living from it, so its quite causal and laid back. Probably aiming for 1 or 2 a month max, more realistic lay 1 a month. 

Big issue at the moment is our guitarist has broken his wrist, so until late Sept/Oct, nothing is happening. 

Line up is female singer, drums, 1 guitar and me on keys. Drummer also does backing vocals. 

Set list available if anyone is interested, but its not set in stone so we welcome suggestions.

Some of our recent recordings are here

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/JnC5bafLdCLM5ttq5

Cheers. 

Edited by dave_bass5

• dave_bass5 changed the title to Bass player needed for pub covers band. Central/North London. ***Still looking***
Posted (edited)

Hi Dave (great name 😀)

We generally rehearse in Mill Hill, north london. It’s not set in stone but 3 out of 5 of us live in North london, so it would be that part of london. 
No set days, just as and when we can, but not Thursdays as the singer is not available.

Guitarist is on the mend so hoping to start rehearsals by mid Sept.   

Edit to say actually only 2 live that side of london now, so we could negotiate. Only issue is the drummer gets home

later so doesn’t have much time to travel. Time wise we have been doing 8-11. 

Edited by dave_bass5

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quick. 

Mill Hill is fine, I'm restricted to Fridays and Saturdays ,day or night. 

I've played in a Sixties band and a couple of rnb bands. I got the bug again during lockdown. I've got Fenders, Peavey and a couple other basses. TC electronic and GK amp gear. I'm just looking for a relaxed covers band to enjoy playing with.

46 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Your guitarist seems to be enjoying himself on Rebel Yell :)  I don't blame him...if I had the skills, I would too. 

Cheers. I made him do two solo’s so we could mix them. Seems to have worked. Now, if only he could play it like that live 🤔

• Haha 1

You've got some great songs in there Dave. Good to see Starsailor in there and the band sounds fab. If I wasn't already committed pretty heaviIy would love a go at it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

You've got some great songs in there Dave. Good to see Starsailor in there and the band sounds fab. If I wasn't already committed pretty heaviIy would love a go at it. 

Cheers mate. To be honest, the tracks that don’t have Mix it up logo on them are just me, my (ex) bass player and random singers, so not representative of the band. The others are the band minus the drummer as he didn’t want to get involved so we used midi drums. 

Edited by dave_bass5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

Might be up for this. Gotta Rickenbacker bass (& Fender Rumble amp for pub/smallish-venue gigs). Based in west London but know Mill Hill studios. I'm really into '60s/'70s rock but plenty of time for Talking Heads/REM/Oasis etc. Week-day evening rehearsals sound fine. Have fair amount of gigging experience.

Cheers,

The Groover

• dave_bass5 changed the title to Bass player needed for pub covers band. Central/North London. ***Not looking anymore***