Why become a member? ×

MARKBASS 121 Combo Lite Alain Caron SOLD
£630
Witney , West Oxfordshire

fleabag

REDUCED !!    NOW  £599

Have decided that i'm going back to separates,  so this MB AC 121 Combo Lite is up for sale.  Its in exceptional condition,  and was recently  PAT tested by Dave Smart of Smarts Guitars ( see pic )

800 Watt ,  1x12,    Weight 16.3 kg.    Balance this on your head when taking gear into a gig venue.

Full Specs

INPUTS

• INPUT: impedance 1 Mohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp
  • AUX IN: impedance 10 Kohm, max. voltage 4 Vpp
  • EFFECT RETURN: impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp

CONTROLS

• GAIN 
  • MASTER VOLUME
  • LINE OUT: GND Lift – Pre/Post EQ /Post Master (Post EQ mode)
  • MUTE (footswitch*)
  • FX LOOP BYPASS (footswitch*)

* footswitch not included

EQUALIZATION

• LOW
  • MID LOW
  • MID HIGH
  • HIGH
  • VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter) center frequency 380 Hz 
  • VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator) frequency range 250 Hz-20 kHz

OUTPUTS

• LINE OUT: balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp
  • EFFECT SEND: unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
  • TUNER OUT: unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
  • PREAMP OUT: unbalanced, max. level 20 Vpp
  • SPEAKER OUT: speakon/1/4" combo
  • PHONES OUT: 1/4" 600 ohms, max. level 10Vpp

SPEAKER

• 1X12"

TWEETER

• 1" compression driver

POWER AMPS

• 500W (woofer)
  • 300W (tweeter)

REFLEX

• rear

OTHER

• WEIGHT: 35.94 lbs / 16.3 Kg
  • WIDTH: 15.16 in. / 38.5 cm
  • DEPTH: 18.11 in. / 46 cm
  • HEIGHT: 23.23 in. / 59 cm

mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb4.jpg

mb5.jpg

mb6.jpg

Edited by fleabag
  • Like 4

• fleabag changed the title to MARKBASS 121 Combo Lite Alain Caron sig
  • fleabag changed the title to MARKBASS 121 Combo Lite Alain Caron sig £599

This is the updated Mk2 version with the 300W tweeter. I had the Mk1 and it never missed a beat (that was completely down to me) in several years of gigging. It effortlessly kept up with a full band and is one of the very few combos that delivers its full 500W main load without needing an extension cab. 

IMO still one of the very best combos available. 

GLWTS 

• Like 1

I had the Combo 121 Lite Mk I, the Combo 121 Lite Mk II and the Super Combo K1 : all three fantastic combos with a preference for the K1 that was not as hissing as the two others when cranked up (and it can become very loud), but is heavier.

I sold the 3 of them and now my back is telling me to go back to a lightweight combo... which is what the 121 Lite Mk II is.

GLWYS.

• Like 1

@M@23

Mark - if you can stretch to this I would take the AC 121 Lite, every day of the week, over my CMD 121H (which will only deliver 500W with an extension cab - whereas the AC 121 Lite will manage to deliver its full payload on its own). If you'd still prefer to go for a CMD 121H then I might be obliged to make a trip to West Oxon to relieve this fleabag of his excellent combo to fill the gap you'll have created...😄

On 27/08/2021 at 21:14, Hellzero said:

I had the Combo 121 Lite Mk I, the Combo 121 Lite Mk II and the Super Combo K1 : all three fantastic combos with a preference for the K1 that was not as hissing as the two others when cranked up (and it can become very loud), but is heavier.

I sold the 3 of them and now my back is telling me to go back to a lightweight combo... which is what the 121 Lite Mk II is.

Blimey @Hellzero- we do seem to be sharing too much taste in various bits of gear recently. Good job I don't play those weird 6 string thingys that you seem to like and call a "bass guitar" which the rest of us just refer to as "guitars"...😁 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I might be obliged to make a trip to West Oxon to relieve this fleabag of his excellent combo to fill the gap you'll have created...😄

Aha !

It is my duty to inform you Al, that some stranger on Farcebook has decided that they want the combo, but not till the 11th Sep.   He offered a deposit to hold it, but 3 days on, he still hasn't sent the money.

I'm not going to hold the combo for this bloke without the deposit,  so as far as i'm concerned, it's for sale and not on hold for him.... yet.  If  it works out that you fancy the combo,  its available till he sends me the deposit,  so basically whoever turns up first.  Seem ok ?    :)

3 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Aha !

It is my duty to inform you Al, that some stranger on Farcebook has decided that they want the combo, but not till the 11th Sep.   He offered a deposit to hold it, but 3 days on, he still hasn't sent the money.

I'm not going to hold the combo for this bloke without the deposit,  so as far as i'm concerned, it's for sale and not on hold for him.... yet.  If  it works out that you fancy the combo,  its available till he sends me the deposit,  so basically whoever turns up first.  Seem ok ?    :)

All's fair in love and war err combat err...combos

• fleabag changed the title to MARKBASS 121 Combo Lite Alain Caron SOLD