Why become a member? ×

Finished Pics. Back to the dark side - Trini deluxe tribute with added ebony

Andyjr1515

1 hour ago, Len_derby said:

Hold my beer…..😹

Jokes aside, it’s all about making the commissioning client happy. 
I’m still over the moon every time I take my Swift Lite out.

Not a great photo, from last night.

546F6330-8F0E-43BA-BFCC-89E983F510FD.jpeg

And that, of course, was also a special one xD

There's still stuff to do, but visually this is pretty much there so I'll do the 'finished shots'

Photographing this, with or without total cloud cover, is...er...challenging.  Anyway, here's a few arty ones:

Czdekvfh.jpg

kny88Ahh.jpg

OseNpPdh.jpg

AIoRCBrh.jpg

And two or three in the great outdoors:

VONqY60h.jpg

9BMhDBDh.jpg

dvdz8Gzh.jpg

• Like 22

• Andyjr1515 changed the title to Finished Pics. Back to the dark side - Trini deluxe tribute with added ebony
23 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Beautiful!

Those machine heads give the headstock a very clean look.  I hadn't noticed previously how that style of tuning peg is independent of the headstock edge.  Can we have some close-ups please?

They are Steinbergers and were designed as a replacement for the banjo tuners that were fitted to the original Gibson Firebirds, etc..  They are - even though at one point they were fitted as standard to the low cost Epiphone versions of the Firebird - the best guitar tuners I've ever used.  Exceptionally easy to restring, fully locking and really nice and controllable tuning.  They went off the accessories market for a while but are now available again through Stewmac (although like hen's teeth in Covid times).

This was a set that I fitted to our band's bassist's genuine 1964 fake Firebird:

hLMcLtCl.jpg

HLmgXpsl.jpg  

The top T shape is actually the string clamp and the tuning knobs actually raise and lower the cylinder it sits on into and out of the tuner body.  To string up, you:

- turn the tuner until the cylinder is fully extended. The exposes the string hole drilled through the cylinder.

- attach the ball end of the string to the tailstock and thread the string though the hole

- pull it tight

- clamp it

- turn the tuning knob to draw the cylinder/clamp unit into the tuner body

- this tautens the string up to pitch

A complete re-think of a tuner  :)

• Like 3