Why become a member? ×

SOLD 2019 G&L USA CLF Research L2000 SOLD
£1250
Biddulph Stoke on Trent

longtimefred

SOLD 

Just bought a house that needs a new boiler so rushing this one out the door. 

Sadly I am parting ways with this absolutely stunning as new 2019 G&L CLF L2000.  I bought this only 4 months ago and it has not lett my house since. It is as new, not a mark or blemish on it. It is set up fantastically and plays so so nicely. The variety of sounds you can get from this is just amazing and you can go from fat P bass to honky J bass to Stingray all in one go! Its just amazing.

I am a huge G&L fan and believe they are the best basses that Leo designed. I bought it to pair up with my old SB2 and I love seeing them together but I need to be honest with myself and say that this one will not be getting much use as I have 3 other basses to use as well. The only thing I have done is install Dunlop strap locks. The originals are in the case with all the COA and case candy. 

She weighs in at a pleseant 4.1kg. 

I am located in Biddulph, Stoke on Trent and will gladly allow people to come and have a play and try it out. I can also ship out at your cost but I will make sure it is fully insured for us both.

£1250 is what I paid 6 months ago and its not been out the house!  

I will consider a trade for a 4 string Euro Spector ideally with PJ pickup config, the more black, the better! 

Here is the burb.

Pickups: Two G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickups

Body Wood: Swamp Ash

Neck Wood: Hard Rock Maple with Maple fingerboard

Neck Profile: CLF/G&L 1 5/8" slim C with 9 1/2" radius

Frets: Medium Jumbo, Jescar 57110 18% nickel silver

Tuning Keys: Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts

Bridge: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle Lock with chrome-plated brass saddles

Electronics: Tri-Tone™ system with 3-position pickup selector, series/parallel switch, 3-position pre-amp mode switch, volume, treble, bass

Case: Deluxe Tolex hardshell

IMG_20210807_143710.jpg

IMG_20210807_143725.jpg

IMG_20210807_143740.jpg

IMG_20210807_143800.jpg

IMG_20210807_143853.jpg

IMG_20210807_143930.jpg

IMG_20210807_142831.jpg

Edited by longtimefred
  • Like 13

I bought a brand new CLF research L-1000 a few weeks back. Quality is terrific, fit and finish is a couple of notches up from a regular Fullerton made bass imo. Even the control knobs are lush. 

This is fairly local to me and If I could have sold something of mine this would be a great partner for my wunkay.

GLWTS!

18 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

I bought a brand new CLF research L-1000 a few weeks back. Quality is terrific, fit and finish is a couple of notches up from a regular Fullerton made bass imo. Even the control knobs are lush. 

This is fairly local to me and If I could have sold something of mine this would be a great partner for my wunkay.

GLWTS!

Thanks dude, yeah the quality of these are just stunning. Best control knobs in the business I think. I am so torn on selling it as it's so damn good. Won't be a shame if no one bites. 

On 21/08/2021 at 21:03, Eldon Tyrell said:

Killer bass. I have the same model but with the Candy Apple Red finish. Super versatile and comfy to play. The MFD pickups have some serious oomph too.

GLWTS 👍  

Cheers matey, yeah they are great aint they! Once you go MFD, you don't go back! lol. I certainly won't mind if no one grabs this as I know its so good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • longtimefred changed the title to 2019 G&L USA CLF Research L2000 *** PRICE DROP TO £1000****
1 minute ago, Ricky Rioli said:

60% of Andertons price, not that they've any stock 👌

Worth pointing out that the CLF models have a slightly slimmer neck profile than is usual for their USA models (if you notice that kind of thing)

Thanks matey, yeah I cant see any of these for sale anywhere in the country right now. I really don't want to do it but I have a 1989 SB2 and a few others to keep me company. Sad times. 

• Sad 1