Why become a member? ×

Pedulla MVP 4, 1994, translucent red, rare Bartolini Soapbars, 4.1kg(9.0lbs), OHSC, **SOLD**
£1975
Bendorf, Germany

dyerseve

**Further Price Drop to £1775**

Up for sale is my 1994 Pedulla MVP 4 string bass. This bass is a high-end, hand-built bass with top quality build and a sound and playability that is second to none. This particular bass also has the rare option of the Bartolini Soapbar pickups!

As you can see from the photos, this bass is a players bass and has quite a few marks and a few areas were the finish is missing - but then it is nearly 30 years old! For me, these marks and signs of use are always a good sign of a bass that is always being used because it is just that good! Please note that the bass has been well used, but never abused! There is the normal slight oxidisation showing on the gold hardware. There are no cracks or real damage, just plenty of signs of use. The electronics function perfectly, the frets have plenty of life left in them, the trussrod works perfectly(the action is fantasticly low) and the bass play like a dream in general.
The bass has received a complete pro setup and has been thoroughly cleaned: frets polished, fretboard cleaned and oiled and it has brand new Warwick strings fitted. It plays like a dream with a low action,Weight is a very manageable 4.1kg(9.0lbs)

Although the finish looks to be a solid red in some photos it is just because the bass is very hard to photograph well. The finish is a high gloss translucent red.

Worldwide shipping available - I will only ship using a fully insured and tracked service for everyone’s peace of mind.

The bass will be shipped in the original hardcase which will be protected by additional packaging internally and externally.

If you have any questions please let me know.

1083067580_1(2).thumb.jpg.ac23d4d851e76dfea59828434e26305d.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Edited by dyerseve
  • Like 5

• dyerseve changed the title to Pedulla MVP 4, 1994, translucent red, rare Bartolini Soapbars, 4.1kg(9.0lbs), OHSC, International Shipping Possible
On 09/08/2021 at 22:32, Cultist_of_the_Unspeakable said:

Isn't that this bass? Had that on watch, too. 

Remarkably similar but I don't believe it's the same bass. The finish on mine is not as translucent as that sadly. That said, that ad is 6 years old so maybe the finish has become less translucent as its aged? Not sure if that is a real thing though lol

Edited by dyerseve
Quote of above post

• 1 month later...
On 10/08/2021 at 09:50, dyerseve said:

Remarkably similar but I don't believe it's the same bass. The finish on mine is not as translucent as that sadly. That said, that ad is 6 years old so maybe the finish has become less translucent as its aged? Not sure if that is a real thing though lol

Pretty sure it's the same bass, if not they have very similar s/n with the middle numbers "54" being visible on both, and the exact same wear above the pups.

It's a really beautiful instrument either way, so sad that they're not being made anymore.

Edited by soldersqueeze
Werds

1 hour ago, soldersqueeze said:

Pretty sure it's the same bass, if not they have very similar s/n with the middle numbers "54" being visible on both, and the exact same wear above the pups.

It's a really beautiful instrument either way, so sad that they're not being made anymore.

Actually I think you are correct, especially considering they both have the Bart soapbars which are rare. 

Yes it is sad but rather inevitable I guess. Who knows, maybe one day the brand will be revived...

• dyerseve changed the title to Pedulla MVP 4, 1994, translucent red, rare Bartolini Soapbars, 4.1kg(9.0lbs), OHSC, International Shipping Possible **Price Drop**
  • 2 weeks later...
  • dyerseve changed the title to Pedulla MVP 4, 1994, translucent red, rare Bartolini Soapbars, 4.1kg(9.0lbs), OHSC, **Further Price Drop**
  • dyerseve changed the title to Pedulla MVP 4, 1994, translucent red, rare Bartolini Soapbars, 4.1kg(9.0lbs), OHSC, **SOLD**
  • martthebass locked this topic