Why become a member? ×

RARE - Squier 1980's 32" medium scale Precision - * SOLD *
£500
Cardiff

Marc S

For sale ONLY, this beautiful bass is a very rare beast. Dating from the mid 80's - it's an "A" series MIJ Squier, intended for the Japan market only, rare in 32" scale, rarer still in this unusual finish. The body is scaled down in size, and in proportion to the neck. So it's light (from memory, around 3.5kg).

The colour is something else. It's a dark green metallic finish, and the metallic components have a dichroic effect - this means the colour changes depending on the lighting & viewpoint. Sometimes it's dark green, sometimes purple, or blue/purple, & sometimes black.

The bass is a typical high quality Fender Japan instrument. It sounds just like a P as you'd expect, and the neck is slender with a lovely "feel" to it. 

The only downside... There is a small "split" in the wood, by the E string tuner. It's a few mm long, it's not deep - it looks like a previous owner overtightened one of the screws. I got Cardiff luthier Dave Dearnaley to check it out - he carefully cleaned out the split and put some glue into it. He told me it's a very strong glue he uses for his custom guitar builds and DB & violin neck repairs. I have reflected this repair in the asking price.

The body work / finish is excellent, especially given its age. There's hardly a mark on it. The scratchplate has slightly yellowed. I will include a nicely padded gigbag. Currently strung with rounds (Dunlop, I think).

NO TRADES please - I need to thin the herd. Collection only, from Cardiff - I prefer not to post such a lovely bass. (But I may be able to meet you somewhere convenient. I have a decent battery powered amp.)

Asquier1.jpg

Asquier3.jpg

IMG_20210805_195647305.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, Beedster said:

Lovely, seems rather underpriced for a 40 year-old MIJ Squier to me Marc? Good luck either way :) 

Yes, I know what you mean @Beedster - I have tried to reflect the issue with the small split. The repair is solid though... 

If it weren't for that - the asking price would be higher.

• Woodinblack changed the title to RARE - Squier 1980's 32" medium scale Precision - * SOLD *