Why become a member? ×

G N' R The boys are back

10 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

Another new release. 

It still doesn't have me jumping with excitement. But it's much more the classic GNR sound, and imho much better than Absurd.

I'm not sure if it's YouTube, but again it sounds horribly produced. 

Yes, definitely better than Absurd but still not really that great.

This song is also from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Hope they eventually write some really new (and better) songs.

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n-roses-debut-first-new-reunion-song/

• Like 1

On 09/08/2021 at 14:07, 2020Jazz said:

That "band" has sucked from inception. Worse than Kiss, even. Arguably as bad as linerd skinerd. No I don't know how to spell it and not looking it up.

You have listed two of my favourite bands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought Appetite the week it came out and watched as G 'n' R shaped my generation. Since then I have marvelled at how they have gotten worse with every release. I guess when you start on such a high, where do you go? (where do you go now?)

I clicked the link, played the song. It's okay. To damn it with faint praise, it's alright but I wouldn't buy it. I enjoyed the autobiographies and usually click any news stories about the original band members but I think my fan club membership metaphorically expired in the late 80s.

• Like 3

Classic 2nd album issue too. Far too much money to throw at it, too much studio time, complete lack of discipline combined with self indulgence resulted in putting together the double Use Your Illusion albums that contained two covers, five songs that are 7.5 - 10min long, and two versions of a fairly feeble ballad.  

Could’ve been so much better if they had stuck to another 12 song album and ditched all the dross, kept one cover version,  and edited some of the longer ‘good’ songs down. And not over produced it.   Could have been close to Appetite.

Hey ho. They were young…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

It's not great, but I quite enjoyed it! Bonus comedy points for the utterly random ambient bit in the middle.

Bear in mind I have never been a fan of the band and Axl's screech has always been one of my least favourite sounds so I've got no emotional attachment.

Excluding divas (who can actually sing but tend to lose all self control) for me Rose's vocals are down there with Geddy Lee and the bloke from the Beautiful South for me wanting to drop kick the radio into the neighbour's garden any time they come on.

57 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Excluding divas (who can actually sing but tend to lose all self control) for me Rose's vocals are down there with Geddy Lee and the bloke from the Beautiful South for me wanting to drop kick the radio into the neighbour's garden any time they come on.

Yet to me, the three you mentioned. Are amongst my favourite vocalists of all time.

No accounting for taste. 

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

Who?

the bloke from the Beautiful South

1 hour ago, Barking Spiders said:

The Beautiful South has two blokes don't they?

I know which one you mean though

12 hours ago, Lord Sausage said:

For all those complaining about his voice, you are all wildly wrong. Have a listen hear, especially when it kicks in.

More Mickey Mouse nowadays 

Well, what can I say. 🥴 Maybe they should do a collab with Sarah Brand and shoot the video in a church. Sarah did it for "Red Dress" and GnR did it for "November Rain". They could call it then "November Dress" 😉 

13 hours ago, 2020Jazz said:

Who?

the bloke from the Beautiful South

Ah, you're from the US. They are/were an alternative pop band who were big in the UK in the 90s. I guess their sound wouldn't travel much outside the UK. As with many other UK bands, they had a very British sound and lyrics that wouldn't mean much to anyone outside the UK.

22 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Ah, you're from the US. They are/were an alternative pop band who were big in the UK in the 90s. I guess their sound wouldn't travel much outside the UK. As with many other UK bands, they had a very British sound and lyrics that wouldn't mean much to anyone outside the UK.

They were quite popular in Rotterdam, I understand.