Why become a member? ×

G N' R The boys are back

First new single from Guns N Roses original lineup (minus Steve Adler and Izzy Stradlin) in about 30 years.

I'm a massive GNR fan. For me Appetite For Destruction is the greatest album of all time. 

Having said that, I'm really not sure about this new single. Maybe needs a few more listens, or the context of a few other tracks to see what kind of direction the band is heading. 

Absurd. 

https://youtu.be/Perh45ip3fY

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thodrik said:

I will give it a listen after work, which will either give me something to look forward to after a difficult week, or something to give me a good laugh after a difficult week. 

You'll probably wonder why you wasted the time listening to it...

I have to admit to being a bit of a snob when it comes to GnR. I saw the original (and to my mind best) lineup at Donnington and any line up without Izzy isn't the real deal for me. It's a little known fact that Izzy was one of the major songwriters in that band and I have all of his solo albums. Also I loved Velvet Revolver and saw them a few times. Fair enough death kind of puts an end to any reunion plans in that direction but I just feel that this current line up is for making money. Ive read all of their books and they swore they wouldn't get back together. I know all artists are in this to make money but they were doing ok without this flogged to death line up. I remain unconvinced.

• Like 5

Actually. If you were reading it in "Cyrillic" (The "Russian" alphabet actually comes from Bulgaria) 

It would be AVSTSYAD. There is no letter "u". The nearest thing in shape would be "ц", pronounced TS, and the "B" would be pronounced V. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom

Alright, big fan of GnR since 1987's Appetite for Destruction. Well, what can I say. The title says it all. 

I actually liked the first few seconds, until the scream. The rest is pretty crap. Who is on vocals? Johnny Rotten?

Not sure what happened to GnR. Maybe it has something to do with this:

Guns N' Roses launch official line of bongs and smoking accessories (nme.com)

1 hour ago, ubit said:

I have to admit to being a bit of a snob when it comes to GnR. I saw the original (and to my mind best) lineup at Donnington and any line up without Izzy isn't the real deal for me. It's a little known fact that Izzy was one of the major songwriters in that band and I have all of his solo albums. Also I loved Velvet Revolver and saw them a few times. Fair enough death kind of puts an end to any reunion plans in that direction but I just feel that this current line up is for making money. Ive read all of their books and they swore they wouldn't get back together. I know all artists are in this to make money but they were doing ok without this flogged to death line up. I remain unconvinced.

Deffo, no Izzy, no G'n'R. That band died in the early 90's.  They were my favourite band but I think it's best left in the past. They were about being young and dangerous. 

• Like 3

It's poor, and that's being kind. 

I agree with the points made regards Izzy. He gave the band its songwriting swagger. Without Izzy it's just not G'n'R. I'd love to see Adler back, but I think considering the beating he's given his body and mind with drug abuse he's simply not up to the task.

Sometimes it's best just to call it a day.