Why become a member? ×

NBD Hohner B2A

Reggaebass

I’ve been meaning to try one of these for a while now, so after a 3 hour round trip yesterday I picked up a near mint one, it’s now got Labella double ball end flats on ,and a nice low action, in active mode it really drops some bass and has a great sound, it’s a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be , and I really like the neck and the headless top ,   overall I’m loving it 😊 

56661160-CD9C-4A08-B2AE-EE7A022105B9.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Waddo Soqable said:

You got one then, top man!

If it sounds as good as the guitar bodied hohner headless I had I'm sure you'll be well pleased..

Thanks Waddo ☝️I haven’t had much time with it yet but It really does sound great 

33 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I haven’t tried that properly yet Paul, I think the screw on top is something to do with it 

The srew is a fine tuning device, it is the lever down the side tha operates the drop.  Handy, if you like that sort of thing :) 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Thanks Waddo ☝️I haven’t had much time with it yet but It really does sound great 

As far as i can tell it's got the same electrics, you can switch active off with a little switch i believe which is handy if the battery dies !

There's lots of good tone variations available with these assuming it's the same and I'm pretty sure it is..

You can play and lounge with ease now anyway ;)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, kevham said:

I've had two of these over the years. Great sounding and fantastic for travelling.

Thanks kevham, I haven’t had a proper play yet, that’s tomorrow, I know it’s VVT, are the controls different in active mode as the tone has a stack knob 🙂

11 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

The stacked knob is a 2 band EQ with bass on the lower pot and treble on the upper one

Does that only work in active mod

11 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

There's also an internal gain trimmer pot that should be near the battery.

I saw that, what exactly does that do , thanks 

I had a fretless way back when.

Fitted with the "Select" pick ups - totally gutless.

I side-lined my Westone Thunder 1A to use it - plugged the Westone in one day as a comparison and realised it was far, far better.

I've often considered getting another, fitting new wings so it doesn't look like a cricket bat and new pick ups. Thankfully I've spent my money elsewhere.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Does that only work in active mod

Yes, the 2 band EQ is only active in, urm,urm, active mode.

35 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I saw that, what exactly does that do , thanks 

It's an overall output gain adjustor.

• Thanks 1