Why become a member? ×

On hold, now £630: Fender MIJ Fretless Jazz
£675
Cardiff

Marc S

Price Drop (due to incoming / NBD) : £630

I thought this bass was a "keeper" - my ideal fretless. Sadly, situations change, and I'm just not using this lovely bass.

It was obviously once a fretted bass, but the de-fret job has been done nicely. The inlays / fret lines are very slim. The fingerboard is a lovely dark rosewood.

EDIT: Made in Japan in 1987 or 88.

There are several chips, dings + scratches to the body, the largest of which are at the rear + bottom edges, and are about the size of a 20p coin - it's all just a bit of "mojo" and commensurate with the age of the bass. Most of which are not noticeable when you're playing this bass, or from an audience viewpoint.

The neck on this bass is in great condition - no scratches on the back. It feels absolutely lovely to play. It sounds lovely and feels awesome to play. It is only 3.8kg - light for a Jazz.

NO TRADES please - I need to thin the herd. Collection only, from Cardiff - I prefer not to post such a lovely bass. (But I may be able to meet you somewhere convenient. I have a decent battery powered amp.)

IMG_20210805_174907810.jpg

IMG_20210805_175058311.jpg

IMG_20210805_174918652_BURST001.jpg

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 2

I have just edited the thread to amend the date of this bass. It's actually an earlier model than I had recollected - 1987 / 88 and not early 90's as I had originally posted.
I picked this bass up again last night - it's lovely to play and sounds beautiful. Again, it's lightweight for a Jazz at 3.8kg

I'm taking this to band rehearsal tomorrow evening, and I've a feeling our lead singer / rhythm guitarist might try to convince me to keep it (I know he likes doing a few numbers with me on fretless, and was disappointed when I mentioned I was selling it). I sold another bass yesterday, so I might just convince myself to keep this lovely 80's Japan quality bass (I just need to play it more often). So anyone seriously interested - I'm tempted to withdraw by the weekend....

Edited by Marc S

Last bump for this bass. It's just too good reduce asking price - I already priced it to sell.
I'm tempted to put it in a case and just store it somewhere for now.... or until I get my fretless "mojo" back.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'd almost forgotten that this bass was up for sale! lol
Anyhow, I'm bumping it because I could do with the space & the cash
And because this Japan quality Fender really should be played by someone, as opposed to stored in a case under my bed

• Marc S changed the title to DROP: Fender MIJ Fretless Jazz

The lines on the fingerboard of this bass are very fine, and quite dark - so not particularly noticeable. I have thought that maybe a black permanent marker pen might even hide the lines even more.

As for you playing in tune @lownote - no need to worry, the lines don't make my playing any more accurate! Lol 🤣

• Haha 1

• Marc S changed the title to DROP, now £630: Fender MIJ Fretless Jazz
  • Marc S changed the title to On hold, now £630: Fender MIJ Fretless Jazz