Why become a member? ×

Phil Jones Double Four...Good things do come in small packages!

jd56hawk

Someone told me I'd never be able to get a nice thumping tone out of this.
Can't wait to bring it over to his place and tell him how wrong he was...time to put his Fender Rumble 40 in the closet!
This is now my practice amp for learning/going over our material.
Perfect for acoustic gigs, too.

20210805_114849.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 4

That's so cool!

I've been eyeing the PJB stuff for a long time now. I actually watched an interview with Phil just yesterday explaining how and why he uses small drivers. 

I've now come to conclusions that two if the Piraha C4's in red would be my ultimate bass rig. 

I'd better get saving. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

That's so cool!

I've been eyeing the PJB stuff for a long time now. I actually watched an interview with Phil just yesterday explaining how and why he uses small drivers. 

I've now come to conclusions that two if the Piraha C4's in red would be my ultimate bass rig. 

I'd better get saving. 

Phil Jones is a god.  I'm just coming out of PJB ownership but not because I didn't like his stuff, just fancied a change and a more cost-effective downsize. Go for it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another shout for the Double4. Superb amps.

I have had keyboard players order them immediately after trying my amp at soundchecks.

I use two in my gigs both as stage monitoring in larger venues and for smaller shows in more resonant spaces with no PA.

Initially I cursed the use of the DC power adapter, especially after I lost both at a gig a while back and the replacements took ages to arrive.

However I did some busking with one double 4 last year running it from a laptop battery pack and it worked brilliantly, so I rather changed my mind on the DC input.

Worth noting brand new double4s use 240v ac input via kettle lead now.

• Like 1